Jailbroken iPhone owners, you better listen up or you might be seeing Rick Astley as a wallpaper on your iPhone!
There’s a new worm spotted in Australia. It “exploits” the fact that most users with a jailbroken iPhone, doesn’t change the default SSH password if you have OpenSSH installed. If the iPhone is infected, it will start looking for other iPhones on the network also with the default SSH password and infect those iPhones as well.
There’s no need to worry about data loss or anything like that. All the worm does, is annoying you – and infecting others. At first it would direct you to a web page where you would be charged a small fee for the information on how to protect your iPhone, but the “worm maker” removed the fee so it’s now free.
Too bad it doesn’t change the ring tone as well…. “Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down…”. Rick Astley, ladies and gentlemen!
Related articles you might find interesting:
- Review: Rick Sammon’s 24/7 Photo Buffet [iPad]
- iPhone Goes To China Without Built-in WiFi
- Opera Mini 5 for iPhone Submitted to App Store – Don’t Hold Your Breath!
- iPhone OS 3.0.1 Released By Apple – Fixes SMS Exploit
- Exposé-ish Multitasking for iPhone and iPad [Video]