Out of those 12%, almost 85% also own a Windows-based PC. Actually, 66% of Apple households own three or more computers while only 29% of Windows-based households own three or more computers, according to NPD.
The NPD report also shows that 63% of Apple households won an iPod while only 36% of all computer owning households own an iPod. The same pattern can be seen when it comes to GPS navigation systems; 50% of Apple households own some type of navigation system, compared to 30% of all computer households.
One might think that Apple owners just sit on a little bit more money than the average computer owner – and that’s not entirely a lie either:
“Thirty-six percent of Apple computer owners reported household incomes greater than $100,000, compared to 21 percent of all consumers,” said Stephen Baker, vice president of industry analysis for NPD.
Stephen Baker also said that the average Apple household own 48 consumer electronic devices, compared to 24 for an average consumer household.
Related articles you might find interesting:
- Apple still number #1 in consumer satisfaction – 7th year in a row
- Apple Live Video Streaming of September 1st Event – for Mac’s & iOS only!
- Kaspersky compares Android security with Windows
- Apple Q1 2010 Financial Statement: Fantastic Result!
- iOS surpasses Linux as browsing platform – also on TechPatio