You’re tech savvy enough to steer clear from hidden viruses and malware inside screensavers, ringtones etc. related to certain celebrities, right? Never the less, if you know somebody that’s not, make sure you send them the link to this post (or use any of the ‘social media’ icons at the bottom) – thank you!
The thing is, security software maker McAfee Inc. has named Jessica Biel to be the most dangerous celebrity online. Not because she herself is dangerous, or so I hope, but because there’s a one-in-five chance of search results for Jessica Biel to take you to a malicious website.
Last year the report named Brad Pitt to be the most dangerous celebrity to search for online, he’s now down to the 10th most dangerous celebrity online, thus being more “safe” than his wife, Angelina Jolie.
According to McAfee Inc., the bad guys are using the “A” celebrity list to cheat users that are searching for latest gossips, screen savers, ringtones and what not, into their malicious websites and download files that you really wish you hadn’t.
McAfee added in the same report: “Cybercriminals are star watchers, too. They latch onto popular celebrities to encourage the download of malicious software in disguise.”
The top 10 list of “A” celebrities you need to be careful about when searching for them online:
- Jessica Biel
- Jennifer Aniston
- Tom Brady (I have no idea who this is)
- Jessica Simpson
- Gisele Bündchen (and who’s this?)
- Miley Cyrus (Disney celebrity, right?)
- Angelina Jolie & Megan Fox (shared 8th place)
- Ashley Tisdale (might have heard the name, but doesn’t ring a bell)
- Brad Pitt
I know what you’re thinking right now, so here are the pictures (there’s one for my female readers as well)…
Related articles you might find interesting:
- Cameron Diaz – The Most Dangerous Celebrity Search Query
- New Trojan Horse Could Take Your Internet Connection Hostage
- Are Computer Viruses Spread By The Media?
- The best browser against Malware, is…
- How to Protect Your Data When Shopping Online