A new study conducted by SquareTrade after analyzing failure rates of over 5,000 smartphones covered by SquareTrade Care Plans, shows that Apple’s iPhone 4 has the fewest failures with 2.1% failures within its first year.
Below Apple you find Motorola with 2.3% and HTC with 3.7%.
Another interesting observation is that when it comes to “failures due to accidents”, iPhone 4 is up to 13.8% with BlackBerry only at 6.7%. Obviously this is because glass breaks easier if dropped, than plastic, so iPhone 4 (with glass on front and back) is more likely to break.
It’s worth noting that some of the numbers in the report are projected, since the iPhone 4 has not even been available for a year yet.
Click here to read the entire SquareTrade report (pdf).
Get your very own iPhone 4 today from our friends at Phones 4u, visit the site now to see the full range available.
Related articles you might find interesting:
- Survey: 33% Of All Laptops Break Within 3 Years
- Got my iPhone 4!!! So, what about the antenna? Video inside…
- Happy birthday, iPhone – 5 years old! Time to celebrate…
- Recommended: Invisible Shield for iPhone 4 by Zagg (also saves your signal)
- Steve Jobs Responds to Gizmodo iPhone Leak [Fun Video]