Take a good look at the graph to the right (click it to enlarge). Go back to the summer of 2009 and Twitter had 10 million tweets a day. Fast forward to January 2010 and they’re at 50 million tweets per day. That’s a lot of tweets and a new milestone just reached by Twitter.
That comes down to 600 tweets every second, compared to 5,000 tweets per day when Twitter was so new that I bet some of the employees still played with the bubble wrap.
The numbers from the chart are cleansed from spam tweets as well, so it’s 50 million “real” tweets per day!!
I’m proud to say that I personally account for 0.00001% of the daily tweets on Twitter (if my calculations are correct, which I’m not prepared to promise!). Anyway, I hope you’re following me on Twitter, @TechPatio, otherwise feel free to do so and send me @message so I’ll follow you back, or leave a comment below.
Related articles you might find interesting:
- Bloody Sexual Twitter DM’s. Go Away!
- TechPatio Reaches 1000 Tweets on Twitter & 200 RSS Subscribers
- Twitter Now Worth One Billion Dollars
- Twitter Bug: Force People To Follow You
- Twitter as DDoS Tool To Crash Websites – You’re Guilty!