Is it just a coincidence that all of us need to work from 9 to 5 during the working days of the week? Truth is, our early ancestors have brought about this belief that we need to at least work 40 hours a week. Many of us stick to this as a way of life, even if many of us admit that we do not like it. However, for someone like Timothy Ferriss, you can actually deviate from this kind of thinking and still experience a happy and fulfilled life! See for yourself – all around the world, there are many individuals who start from zero but still end up leading successful lives and doing what they want. It is very possible!This kind of new lifestyle will let you manage your time and energy so that you can accomplish things differently yet more efficiently. This is very crucial because you would not want to overwork yourself more than necessary. Many people normally think that you have to be rich first before you can work less, but the truth is, you must be working less before you become rich. You should live your life now and “do” the things you love most (not “buy” the things you love most). Doing things that you love will absolutely make you a genuinely happier person, not buying things.Below are 5 simple steps on how to work less and still manage to live the good life:
1. Write down what type of work you would love to do and figure out how much time do you want to spend on the most significant things in your life such as your beloved family and dear friends, your job, your hobbies, etc. Depending on what your hobbies are, you can even turn them into a business.
2. Start saving money so you can pay off your debts. Keep only one or two credit cards for emergency purposes. Do not buy things that you do not really need. Being debt-free can lessen your worries and therefore make you an organized and happier person.
3. Do things differently. Think outside the box. Do not do things like everyone else if you know there is a better way how to do it. If you go with the flow and do what everyone else does, then you get what everyone else has.
4. If the steps you have laid out towards achieving a happier life seem difficult to achieve, change them a bit so that they are delightful and fun to do. You have to think of ways how to remain passionate about your goals.
5. Overcome your fear of failure. Whatever you do, negative thoughts will always weigh you down. Find ways on how to improve your strengths and do something to overcome your weaknesses.
You can actually build this kind of ideals in your life gradually, by taking it one step at a time. Plan a new step each day of the week and see where it will lead you. Plan steps that will definitely change things, new steps that will take you to a fulfilled life where you make your own rules!
Related articles you might find interesting:
- How to Keep Your Favorite Computer Always Clean and Running Well
- Example: Why you need to take the photo when you have it – and not wait a few days…
- Facebook: Top 13 Tips For a Safer & Enjoyable Experience
- Tips to buy the right domain name for your startup
- How To: QuickTime X Autoplay Movies On Open In Snow Leopard