Here are a the top 3 features in the new update that Apple will use to fight back against Google’s mobile OS:
1. PassBook – In my opinion PassBook is brilliant and quite possibly the start of something amazing. The app lets you store everything you would usually have to keep in your pocket on your phone. There is the ability to store cinema tickets, store cards, board passes, travel tickets and many more things. The reason this is so great is the potential it could be Apple’s foot in the door to the digital payments game which is growing bigger by the month and is definitely something that Apple will get into while it is welding the power of iOS.
2. Facebook integration – Facebook is a must in this modern world of social interactivity and the growing user base of the site. With twitter already integrated into iOS it was only a matter of time before Facebook would follow suit, especially since mobile is being their large traffic source. The added integration lets you do things like update photos and contact information that will be vital to some users of iOS6.
3. Siri – While Google is releasing it’s Siri competitor in its next update. Apple’s Siri has been on the market for a while now so Apple should hopefully improve it’s quality dramatically in iOS 6. We already know they are improving its functionally with the ability to ask for cinema times and sports scores. They are also including Siri on the iPad with the iOS 6 update however it will only be available on the iPad 3. With the age of the product they will also be able to improve the quality of Siri voice recognition as well as adding more languages.
[tp lang=”en” only=”y”]
Guest article by: This article was written by Tom who writes for the Apple news blog Apple-technology. He also like to write about iOS products such as the iPad scanner from the Armenante site.
Related articles you might find interesting:
- The New Apple iPad – Am I Getting One?
- Mac App Store now open!
- That Apple 3x3cm Touch Display Rumor? I Know What It Is!
- New Apple TV ads for “Siri” – feat. Zooey Deschanel & Samuel L. Jackson
- Apple releases three new iPhone 4S ads