The following are some tips for using coupons effectively for online marketing.
Have some limitations
You need to mention a specific period of time within which the e-coupon is valid. This means that shoppers can only use it within that duration.
State the discount
The e-coupon should offer users a kind of discount, either as a percentage of the buying price or as a cash amount. It can also be used to offer free bonus items or free shipping. Whatever the type of discount, make sure it is mentioned clearly so as to avoid confusion.
Here are some of the most effective ways of delivering your coupon offers.
- Exclusive page – One of the best ways of delivering coupon codes is to publish them directly on your site, complete with all the limitations such as expiry dates. If you decide to have an exclusive page for coupon codes, make sure you have links to the page in your site navigation. Alternatively, you could configure your site so that a notification about the code automatically appears whenever an item is placed in the cart.
- Log-in – You could use the login screen to present offers to your regular shoppers. The best thing about this technique is that it is easy to implement and is relatively affordable. The disadvantage is that it will only be accessible to regular, return customers.
- Email – Email can be used to send coupons to registered customers. This method is effective for keeping customers informed about coupon offers even before they visit your store. However, the limitation of this tactic is that it only reaches customers who have subscribed to receive emails.
- Strategic placement – You can offer shoppers coupons at strategic places in your site, such as when displaying an item’s description, completing a purchase or placing an item in the product cart. This way, the offer appears in a way that motivates shoppers to complete the purchase. The disadvantage of this is that the coupon will only be seen by shoppers who are browsing your site. In addition, some shoppers might not appreciate having their activities monitored.
There are several other alternatives for coupon implementation. These include promoting coupons using paid advertising methods such as pay-per-click advertising and banner ads.
Guest post written by: Charles often writes about internet marketing and blogging tips. Currently, he is writing for YouLoveCoupons, a discount blog that offers world soccer shop promo code and london pass coupon code. He also writes about exclusive coupon and discount offers such as london pass coupons and world soccer discounts.
Related articles you might find interesting:
- Get Savings on Dell & HP With Coupon Codes
- “Beyond Thirds” – A photographer’s Introduction to Creative Composition by Andrew S. Gibson
- Easy Ways How to Attract New Clients and Become Extremely Competitive Online
- I hate the way Popup Domination market themselves and their $10 off discount
- Retain Visitors To Your Site And Increase Sales Conversions: Exit Grabber Review