Now, new rumors, according to Bloomberg, says that Amazon is about to make their own smartphone in order to compete with the iPhone.
According to the rumors, it is supposed to be Foxconn in China who will be producing the Amazon smartphone. Interesting, because Foxconn also produces the iPhone and Apple is a big buyer at Foxconn, so maybe Foxconn will reject making the Amazon smartphone, or Apple will force them to reject, or maybe the Foxconn-bit is what makes this rumor seem less likely to happen?
Regardless, the rumor also says that Amazon’s smartphone will run Android, like their Kindle Fire does.
Do we really need yet another Android phone on the market? Almost everybody who makes electronics these days, has an Android smartphone in their product lineup. Oh well, we’ll just have to wait and see.
Related articles you might find interesting:
- Production Of New iPhone Has Begun
- iPhone 4G: 24 Million Units To Ship In 2010
- Apple Adding Micro Projector to iPhone/iPod Touch?
- iPhone 5 announcement Sep. 12th and launch Sep. 21st?
- Amazon makes fun of iPad with Kindle and sunlight