At the present time, the market is flooded with countless mobile applications. This surge of mobile apps can be plainly accounted to the rise of smartphones. In many cases, best mobile applications are those that are beneficial to everyday life. However, leisure or entertainment application can be as appealing to users as well.
With December about to close to an end, New Year’s only a few nights away. With the incoming year comes a new list of resolutions you aim to strictly follow through—this time around. With or without a research support, many people can’t really stick to their new year’s resolution for that long. To push you to achieve your goals for the next year, you may all the help you can to continue on.
Your mobile phone can be your really good friend at this feat. With the right mobile applications, you can definitely stay on track with your list.
- When you are eager to lose some of the pounds you gained through the holidays, you will need an application to help you get through it. The following mobile applications are the top choice for this feat:
- Weightbot by Tapbots may come in a quite plain interface, the application is remarkable. It allows you to keep track of your progress (on a daily basis) towards your goal weight.
- Nike+Running App is excellent in keeping accurate GPS track on your runs. To top that, the application can be downloaded for free.
- Withings Health Companion helps keep track of your weight, daily activity level, sleep, and heart rate. The features are good and beneficial. However, you may need to buy them off from Withings or their recommended partners.
- Aiming for a healthier lifestyle also means eating healthy. Some food-tracking applications you may find helpful include:
- Lose It! is undeniably useful for this goal. It may not offer a diet plan or weight loss management service, but it allows its user to track his daily calorie intake. In addition, it also helps in the management of the user’s budgeting to help him continue on with his diet plan until his goal date arrives. This is a free mobile app but exclusive to iPhone users only
- Calorie Counter – My Fitness Pal is available for Android users
- Calorie Counter by FatSecret comes with a built-in barcode scanner that helps the users find healthy food in no time. In addition to this feature, it also offers its user a recommended daily calorie intake
- Points Plus Calculators by Weight Watchers International is available for Android phones and come in for free
- Keeping your finances at bay for the incoming year is a great goal to achieve, especially with all the goodies in the market that vacuum your money in a snap. Mobile applications that help keep track of your expenses, such as the following are very handy indeed:;
- Expenditure by Shape Aps (for iPhone, iPod Touch, iPhone 3G), iPhone 3G S, and iPad) helps track your expenses and your income as well.
- EasyMoney by Handy Apps and Expense Tracker by Moveable Apps (for Android) offer pretty much the same features as with Expenditure.
- Pageonce Bills and Mint are free applications to try
- If you are one of the busy people, getting your things organized may be one of your op concerns. There is mobile application to help you through this.
- Springpad works for iOS, Android, Blackberry, WebOS, and Windows Mobile devices. These help you get manage your old notes, receipts, business cards, or other documents you wish to get rid of.
- Dropbox is another mobile application that works for iOS, Android and Blackberry phones. Your documents and files are in sync with not only your phone and online storage, but with your PC as well.
- OmniFocus is an organizational tool that works for both iPhone and iPad devices.
There are actually more mobile applications to choose from if you look through the different mobile stores online. The number of these mobile applications may make your selection confusing, but knowing where you are aimed at for the next year is will make your choosing easier.
Guest article written by: Mackenzie Salis is a freelance writer and an enthusiast advocating for technology awareness through online settings. She is the author of the site: iPhone tracking where you can get more valuable information about spyware for cell phones.
Related articles you might find interesting:
- Android apps can access your photos – without asking!
- What cool apps are there around?
- Android malware-apps: Doubled in just a month
- Happy New Year 2013 & Wrap-up 2012
- Must-Have iPhone Applications in the UK