The primary benefit of big data has indeed been in help companies make better strategic decisions. Interestingly, big data initiatives are embraced most frequently the retail industry, with big data being part of business processes for 27% of retailers.
However, many companies are having issues with implementing big data initiatives with inadequate analytical know-how and data privacy issues causing major internal issues. Implementing big data initiatives requires a staff with a well-rounded skillset, as otherwise there is the potential for big data to become a burden rather than a differentiator.
Related articles you might find interesting:
- Help/Systems Network Management Software Infographic
- Best B2B Mobile Apps – An Infographic
- Secrets of data loss [infographic]
- How the internet revolutionized offline retail (Visual Asset)
- Eco-cars video infographic & the all new Ford C-Max