Who are the organizers of the presentations? PR-specialists are most often responsible for conducting presentations in companies. As a rule, a detailed plan is required for their implementation. Here you need to set out the objectives of the event, describe the audience, present the concept and express the overall intent of the PR-appeal, draw up a list of supposed videos, diagrams, tables and other visual presentation tools.
The presentation scenario consists of listing all the main events and stages of the event in a sequential order. With direct presentation, the presenter should adhere to this regulation. The very PR-appeal should not be obtrusive, but must pass in the style of improvisation. In this case, the text itself must be prepared in advance together with charts and diagrams templates, and carefully rehearsed and checked for perception in a small audience.
The presentation solves several problems at once:
- Announces an event that meets the interests of the audience;
- Encourages the audience to act corresponding to the ideas of the presentation and its general plan;
- Contributes to the company’s tasks of attracting customers.
The strategy of the presentation is as follows: to form the trust to the company at the first stage, and then proceed to convince the client to take the actions proposed in the presentation.
To make the speech interesting, the organizers must pursue another important goal as to entertain and surprise the audience. Without this, the presentation risks becoming an empty meeting.
To maintain interest in the presentation, the speaker should choose the optimal time to perceive. The report should be interesting and original. It is necessary to try to talk as much as possible in the shortest possible time and not to tire the listeners. Elements of humor dispel distrust of the audience, but it is important to monitor their relevance.
Preparation for presentation:
- study of the topic of the speech;
- definition of tasks and objectives;
- knowledge of the audience;
- presentation structure;
- entry and closing;
- visual materials.
Studying the audience
When speaking, you need to focus on the audience. It is important to take into account: age, education, professional qualities, ethnic and gender identity, social steps, etc. The smaller the audience is the more information you need to get about it before the event.
A fascinating narrative, this story is broken into several parts at once, in which there is an introduction, the main part and the conclusion. To grab the attention of the audience, the report can begin with a pre-prepared joke. If the speaker is asked a question from the audience, it is necessary to thank the questioner and point out the importance of the question. Presentation implies freedom of speech and actions of the speaker. It is hardly possible to achieve a trusting contact with the audience, being constantly in one position. A dynamic speaker can inspire more confidence among the public.
Contact with the audience
Rhetorical questions and short provocative discussions serve to establish contact with the audience. It is important to feel the audience in front of which you perform. You should pay attention to expressions of persons, postures, reactions, phrases. You can select one listener from the audience and address the story directly to him.
The terms that will be used in the report should be clear to the audience. If you plan to use visual materials during the presentation, it is important to remember several main points when reading the text from the screen:
- Headings and titles must be printed in black;
- Capital letters are generally perceived to be worse than lowercase, so their use is recommended only in short headings;
- You should not place more than five lines and more than seven words per line on one slide;
- If several colors are planned on the slide, the number of colors should not exceed three;
- In order to differentiate the elements of the schemes, some diagrams, it is sufficient to use only 1-2 colors;
- It is important to keep an eye on the style: if an element on one slide is highlighted in certain colors, the same color should be used on all other pages and slides of the presentation.
Related articles you might find interesting:
- None Found!