In total, there are two ways by which you can delete data files from your Windows system. They are as follows:
1. Simple Deletion of Data Files – This is the kind of removal in which you select the file(s) or folder(s) and press the Delete key present on the keyboard, or you can select the file(s), right click, and click on the Delete option. In this case, by simply pressing the Delete option, the file(s) or folder(s) get deleted from the original location and gets saved in Recycle Bin. In such situations, if you wish to recover the deleted data files and folders you should first open the Recycle Bin folder. Further, you can use the Restore all items option to recover all the contents or Restore the selected items option to recover only the chosen contents of the Bin folder.
2. Deletion by Shift + Delete Key – Popularly known as permanent deletion, the deletion of files and folders by using Shift+Delete key is another technique for deleting the files. Unlike Simple Delete, here the deleted files and folders do not go to the Recycle Bin that offers the restoring option.
About restoring Shift deleted data – Restoring the Shift deleted files or folders is not as simple as in the case of deletion by pressing the Delete key or tab as opted. Also, Windows does not provide any option to restore these files and folders. Moreover, you cannot employ any manual method for the same. You ought to use a file recovery software to fulfil the purpose of recovering the Shift deleted data. In this case, only a data recovery software is the solution to recover the Shift deleted files.
How is Recovery of Shift Deleted Files Possible?
When data files or folders are deleted from your computer by using Shift+Delete keys simultaneously, they do not get permanently deleted. In such situations, only the link to the files or folders are lost while the content of the files remain intact on the drive until the files are overwritten by any other. And, Windows marks the space on the hard drive available for use by changing one character in the file table. You need an effective Do-It-Yourself data recovery software to recover files or folders deleted by pressing Shift + Delete from Windows hard drive or volumes. Here, Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery – Professional can make recovery effortless easy. Being a powerful and efficient software, it effectively serves the purpose. Let’s look at how.
Employment of Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery – Professional
Although deletion by pressing Shift+Delete key simultaneously, is popularly known for permanently deleting files or folders, we have learnt in this blog that it is possible to recover them with a specialized software known as Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery – Professional. You should execute the steps stated below to implement it, thereby, retrieving your Shift-deleted data.
Step 1: First and foremost, download, install, and register it successfully
Step 2: Run it by giving a double-click to its icon
Step 3: From the screen named Select What to Recover, select the files or folders that you wish to recover by checking the particular boxes
Step 4: Thereafter, click Next, a tab that is present on the same screen
Step 5: From the screen titled Select Location, choose the hard drive by placing a check mark in the boxes
Step 6: After this, click on the Scan tab. A screen displaying the progress of the scanning process comes up
Step 7: When the scanning completes, a detailed report of the files or folders found in your hard drive is displayed.
Step 8: In the Preview window, where all files or folders found on the hard drive get enlisted, click on the File Type tab
Note: If you cannot find the desired files or folders in the Preview list, you should click on the Deep Scan tab for thorough scanning of your hard drive.
Step 9: Now, select the desired Shift deleted files or folders that you wish to recover and click on Save – a tab that is present in the File Type tab of the Preview window
Step 10: Here, a Save dialog box prompts up, in which you need to click on the Browse tab for specifying the location for saving the recovered files
Step 11: Next, click the Start Saving tab for the software to start the saving process of the recovered files
Step 12: Finally, the recovered data files will get saved at the location you specified. Now, you can route to the destination location and access the recovered files in Windows
By using Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery – Professional, you can easily retrieve the data files that gets deleted when you press the Shift+Delete keys. You only need to execute the process steps that have been mentioned in the above section. Available in languages such as English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, and Spanish it is compatible with existing Windows versions such as Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, and XP. Requiring 1 GB of RAM, 50 MB of hard disk space, and Pentium processor in your Windows system, it serves as one of the best Windows file recovery software.
Guest article written by: Data recovery expert at Stellar Data Recovery, recovering data since 1993. Playing around with hard drives, Windows OS issues and suggesting fixes is among the major activities I love. Share my knowledge and expertise over different media channels from time to time or as soon as find a new one.
Related articles you might find interesting:
- Quick Tip: Free Mac data recovery software
- Secrets of data loss [infographic]
- Will you survive losing all your data (photos, docs etc.)?
- What You Need to Know about Cloud Storage
- How big a data plan do you really need for your iPhone?