Why settle with low quality 360p or 480p quality on YouTube if your broadband connection can easily stream in HD? And why settle with manually selecting “720p” (or better) each time you want to stream a YouTube video in HD? Well, you don’t have to. Here’s how…
First make sure you’re logged in to YouTube with your account. If you don’t have a YouTube account, just login with your Google account (Gmail etc.), that should work too. Then click on your username in the upper right corner of YouTube and select “Account”, like this:
Now you find “Playback Setup” in the menu and you tick both “Always choose the best option for me based on my player size” and “Always play HD when switching to fullscreen (when available)”. Remember to save changes.
Related articles you might find interesting:
- YouTube Tip: Link to Specific Timestamp in Video
- Fix: Safari 5.7.1 jerky YouTube playback?
- YouTube Opening Up for 1080p HD Video Next Week
- MacX Video Converter Pro – 5-in-1 Program to Convert Video, Download YouTube, Record Screen, Make Slideshow and Edit Video Easily
- Realistic Atmosphere Lighting on YouTube