With the rapid improvements in technology, a lot of Android smartphones have cropped up these days with mesmerizing features. Hence it becomes increasingly difficult for a person to select the best of the lot.
First of all, you should first make yourself clear as to what are your expectations from the phone. If you wish to limit yourself for making calls and other basic activities then you do not need a phone with that comes with too many bells & whistles. But if you need a phone that will provide you an integration of media, entertainment, education, games and other such stuffs, then you need to make a detailed analysis of the features that you want in your smart phone.
The second important factor is that you need to have an estimate of your budget. You should look out for a smartphone that not only comes up to your expectations, but is pocket friendly too. Thirdly, you should always go for the brand you trust. There may be a lot of upcoming new brands but you should not take risks when it comes to buying sophisticated gadgets.
Having said all that, a few of the features are listed below which will help you to be in possession of a good smart phone:
- Android smartphones and tablets usually run on SOCs. A “system on chip” is an IC which integrates on to a single chip, all the computer or electronic system components. You should normally go for a System on chip whose clock speed is the highest. The SOC’s CPU components are used for measuring the speed of the clock.
- Another important parameter that should be kept in mind when you buy a smartphone is that the interface should be user friendly. The most important and interactive part of the phone is the screen. If the quality of the screen is not up to the mark, then it really would not matter if your smart phone has a CPU with the fastest speed. Having a phone with a good screen quality is a must. It is preferable to go for phones that have three finger touch screens.
- Resolution is yet another important factor when it comes to choosing a good Android smart phone. Higher the resolution better is the phone. Normally you should prefer eight hundred by four hundred and eighty, eight hundred by six hundred and one thousand and twenty four by six hundred resolutions in seven and eight inch phones. For nine and ten inch phones, the minimum that you should expect is one thousand and twenty four by six hundred.
- Higher the pixels per inch better the phone. Go for a minimum of one hundred and forty four PPI.
- You should ensure that the hard buttons on your smartphone are strong.
- Greater the angle of view better the phone.
- You should always go for smartphones that come with a minimum of five hundred and twelve megabyte RAM. The phone’s performance sucks when the RAM is below 512 megabytes.
- You should always prefer smartphones that have a minimum of three thousand mAh batteries.
Guest article written by: Sachin is a full time blogger and an article writer. He has written on various subjects and for several brands. He has also written for Protectyourbubble.com smartphone insurance. He is always keen to write on subjects such as technology, travel, finance, insurance, etc.