GrabUp is a cute little application, ruht gut in der Menüleiste bis Sie es brauchen. Was es tut,, wenn Sie es brauchen, is that it takes your screenshot and uploads it in a jiffy to either your own FTP or the web service at GrabUp.com.
While that may sound really simple and sooo not worth $20 for the Pro edition, it’s actually really useful if you have a need for uploading screenshots every now and then. Not a day goes by where I’m not using it at least a few times and people are always like “wow, how did you upload that screenshot so fast?”.
But but but, GrabUp does not want to upload your screenshots from within Schneeleopard. I assume it’s because Snow Leopard changed the naming convention from “Picture x” zu “Screenshot year-month-day & time of day” oder etwas in diese Richtung.
Now to the really bad part, the company behind GrabUp has not bothered to answer the question about whether or not a Snow Leopard version will be released, even though the question was actually asked 2 Monaten. There’s no news about Snow Leopard on their website either.
So I guess for now we just have to search for alternatives, wie TinyGrab oder Skitch (if you like to write and draw arrows etc. on your screenshots). The latter is pretty much a must-have no matter what screenshot-uploader software you might go for, if you have just the slighest need to draw on your screenshots/pictures and doesn’t want to shell out for Photoshop or similar just for that.
UPDATE – September. 9th
A blogger over at TUAW might have come up with a workaround to get GrabUp working with Snow Leopard, schau es Dir (I haven’t tried it yet myself).
To bottom line it, the plugins (or applications, I guess you can call them) that I’m currently missing in Snow Leopard due to incompatibility sind:
- Letterbox for Mail.app (mailbundle plugin, vertical preview pane for widescreen monitors)
- Letter Opener for Mail.app (mailbundle plugin, converts winmail.dat files) – aktualisieren: now fixed!
- MenuMeters for the menubar (shows disk activity, CPU, Speicher, network etc).
- GrabUp (menubar / system preferences plugin, screenshot uploader)
And those two plugins/app caused me a bit of troubles getting to run:
- DockStar for Mail.app (mailbundle plugin that adds more badgets to your Mail icon in the dock)
- Logitech Control Center (LCC) – Exposé not working properly (but can be fixed!)
In Verbindung stehende Artikel, die Sie interessant finden könnte:
- TinyGrab – A Snow Leopard Screenshot-Sharing-Alternative zum GrabUp
- Ich sollte mit Snow Leopard-Installation gewartet haben – Zu viele Probleme Unverträglichkeit
- Snow Leopard Mail-Quirk: Kopieren / Einfügen von Adressen
- Wählerisch – A Smarter Standard-Browser … Und fast Snow Leopard kompatibel
- Freitag Flick Suche: Schneeleopard & Get a Mac AD