If you’ve been online for any length of time or even if your just starting out building an online business and web presence, you’ll be well aware that the success of that online business and website is driven largely by the amount of traffic you receive.
Even if you have the best products in the world, presented beautifully on a stunning website, if no one knows your there, you simply will not make sales. Therefore, effective Web SEO is all about bringing more traffic and creating more sales. How is this done? Quite simply you must achieve better search rankings for a wider range of search terms that are going to be in use by your target audience.
If your competition has a website that is on page one and you’re on page six of Google search results – guess what – they are going to be getting way more traffic and hence making way more sales. To rectify this you have to do many things. First of all there is the keyword research – you need to be sure your using phrases people are actually searching with to buy. Then you have to do on page / onsite SEO Services. This is the process of ensuring that your web page is constructed in such a way that search engines will categorize it correctly and rank you well for it.
Only once these things are in place can you then begin to even start an effective SEO campaign using proven and ethical white-hat methods of off page web SEO – often called back linking, offpage SEO is far more than just getting back links from other websites. It should include a diverse number of components and strategies that incorporate many different types of Internet web properties including social media, web 2.0, video, social book marking, article marketing and many other elements. Do not be fooled by those that tell you that just need more twitter followers or friends on Facebook – yes those things can help with traffic but they are only a small part of getting a high and consistent search ranking.
If this all sounds far too hard – and believe me, it can take a very long time to get this right, especially if your playing in a competitive market. It can take many, many months to make headway and if you don’t know what your doing, it can take years or even worse, your efforts can be in vain.
Outsourced SEO – Simply The Best Solution
That’s why, especially of late, I believe that outsourcing your SEO activities is by far the best way to go to ensure the success of your online business. When you choose to work with a professional provider, these are the elements you should look for to make certain your SEO marketing budget is going to be used well;
- Proven track record – use companies that know what they are doing – I’m working with a company that has over 9 years experience in SEO – the Internet’s not really much older than that.
- Look for a dedicated account manager – someone who is going to take responsibility to ensure you get results
- Effective / regular reporting to illustrate whats been done and what has been achieved in improving your websites rankings
- Diverse / holistic approach to SEO. Any SEO outsourcing services company worth their salt will incorporate the elements outlined above – they’ll want to do keyword research first, they’ll need to provide you with some on-page SEO optimisation recommendations as a result of that research only then will they begin on the off-page seo strategy. Be very wary of the 500 backlinks for $50 sort of offers – often times these arrangements can actually do more harm than good to your websites reputation.
- Fixed price / fix term arrangements. A good provider will be upfront and honest and state from the outset that to be done right an effective SEO strategy that will last your business for years, will take many months to implement and to “stick”. It is not something that can be done once and then forgotten about. It’s going to take at least 3 months and probably closer to 6 – so look for a firm that offers good level of service and defined measurable outcomes over several months but for fixed monthly costs. In that way you have no surprises. Never ever enter into those sorts of arrangements on a time and materials basis!
Hint: I work with a company that offers Keyword Packages – 10 Keywords, 20 keywords etc etc – ten is usually more than enough for most small businesses and in this way your absolutely certain what phrases are most important to your business and everything is optimised around those terms.
One simple question to ask yourself is this, “How best do you describe your business to be attractive to an Internet searcher?”
Guest article written by: Ajay Dalal is a content writer and a copywriter who specializes in writing marketing blog Technology and sales pages. He often writes for Dricki and Digital Junkies and explores new technologies to share his knowledge through writing.