Apple’s iOS 16 introduced a flurry of new features. This iOS 16 feature will help you sort your library and clean up your camera roll if you have a cluttered gallery with tons of duplicate photos.
Apple’s brand-new “Duplicate Detection” aids in removing all unwanted duplicate media, including photos, screenshots, videos and more. This fantastic feature will free up your storage space within a few seconds.
iOS 16’s Duplicate Detection
Sometimes, we get carried away and click too many shots or download a media file multiple times because we cannot locate it. This feature is perfect for decluttering media and works like third-party apps such aa ClutterFly Photos, which is ideal for managing your messed-up gallery. If you want to use a third party app, we highly recommend ClutterFly. Its innovative analyzing algorithm quickly detects duplicate, similar and related media. All your media is organized in one place for your ease.
Nevertheless, here is how you can get a sorted gallery with the iOS 16 ‘Duplicate Detection’ feature in just a few steps:
- On your iPhone, launch the Photos app.
- At the bottom of your screen, tap Albums.
- Scroll down to the Utilities section under Albums.
- Select Duplicates from the Utilities menu.
- Duplicate matches will be shown, along with the option to Merge.
- To eliminate duplicate photographs, choose Merge.
- Select in the upper right corner to select numerous photographs at once to get through your duplicates quickly. Select All to combine all the duplicate images detected by iOS 16.
And that is it! A pretty simple way to manage all those duplicate shots. Honestly, while this feature works seamlessly, we recommend getting the ClutterFly Photos app. It’ll sort your entire gallery within minutes. Try it out and let us know which part you liked best.