Online food ordering systems are the future of food business owners. Don’t believe us. Watch the numbers, they are telling the story.
- Indian Online Food Delivery Market was US$ 4.66 Billion in 2020, and it is expected to reach US$ 21.41 Billion by 2026. The market will grow with a CAGR of 28.94%.
- Food delivery revenue worldwide in the meal delivery segment was 300 billion dollars in 2022.
- With over 3 billion consumers worldwide using online food ordering systems in 2022, the user base of online food delivery platforms witnessed significant growth in the past few years.
Millennials and Gen Z form the major part of consumers ordering food online. So, it is a wake-up call for restaurants yet to set up an online ordering system for their business.
We have compiled a list of the 6 best free online food ordering software to give you a push towards going digital without paying commissions to third-party delivery agencies.
6 Best Free Online Food Ordering Software for Restaurants
Foodiv is one of the best online food ordering software for restaurants in 2023. The system enables restaurants to receive and manage orders and deliver them on time by streamlining their operations.
Restaurants can stay on top of their sales with the amazing features of online ordering software. Restaurants can enable contactless and anytime food ordering with a QR code menu, contactless deliveries, and secure checkouts.
- Set up online store: Create a free online store for your restaurant to take orders, offer pickup, and deliveries without paying third-party commissions.
- In-store pickup or delivery: Allows restaurants to provide in-store pickup or delivery services.
- Contactless Ordering: The QR code menu enables restaurants to order food with the digital menu anytime.
- Mobile Ordering: Users can order food through mobile apps for quick and convenient ordering.
- Website Ordering: Restaurants can receive orders directly through their restaurant website.
Square for Retail is next on our list of the top online restaurant ordering systems. The software enables restaurants to set up a free ecommerce site. They can track and monitor orders and manage deliveries and payments from a single dashboard.
In addition, the online ordering software for restaurants allows managing inventories and staff. Square for Retail is available for both iOS and Android users.
- Smart website builder: The tool offers a website builder that helps restaurants design and creates a website as per unique requirements.
- Automatic Inventory sync: The software syncs inventory levels across product or service categories to update inventory data.
- Setup Profile: Easy and free store setup by adding restaurant details, menu, and photos.
Toast POS is another popular online ordering software enabling restaurants to set up restaurant profiles, create digital menus, and streamline orders and payments.
The food ordering software is known for its highly impressive digital menus and for streamlining the entire order and payment process. Restaurant owners can set up the entire menu, group meals into categories, and customize the menu anytime for specific days (festivals) or periods.
The on-demand food ordering software also offers reporting and analytics capabilities to help restaurants identify opportunities for saving on costs, boosting sales, and growing revenue. The software is available on both iOS and Android.
- Digital menus and mobile ordering
- Commission-free online ordering
- Promotions & marketing
- Secure Payments
GloriaFood is one of the top free online ordering systems for restaurants. The system enables food business owners to receive orders from their websites or social handles. The system also enables users to reserve tables for dine-in.
The base version is free for all, supporting website and Facebook orders, an “order for later” option, online menus, reporting & analytics, and promo discounts.
- Online ordering and table reservation widgets to use in the restaurant’s existing website.
- Integration with Facebook to receive orders.
- Real-time delivery tracking.
Price: The base version with essential features is free. Restaurant owners can get add-ons by paying for them individually. For instance, online/credit card payment service at $29 a month, advanced promo marketing at $19 a month, and branded mobile apps at $59 a month.
Ontabee is an online food ordering software for restaurants that streamlines online ordering and home deliveries via in-house agents. Restaurants can also build branded Android apps and accept orders via phone calls via the software.
Restaurant owners can offer loyalty points to customers, generate coupon codes, and interact with customers by integrating a third-party chat feature with the software.
The online ordering system offers a free version where restaurants can manage the operations of a single restaurant and receive unlimited orders. They can use their website and also create a mobile-responsive ordering app.
- Digital wallet for smoother checkout.
- Comment field to provide instructions on any allergies or special meal preferences.
- Built-in delivery agent profiles for smoother deliveries.
- Detailed Reports & analytics based on hourly sales, total orders, and total sales.
Price: Free version available. Upgrade cost: $59 monthly for multiple outlets and a branded Android app.
The next on our list of free online ordering software for restaurants is a unique one. TastyIgniter is an open-source online ordering system and it works on a website’s background.
Users can receive and manage food orders via the tool by plugging it into their existing websites. They can also build a website using an extension offered by the tool.
Since the tool is open source, it can be used for multiple restaurant branches with no additional charges. Users can access all features free of cost.
- Customised delivery zones: Restaurants can define delivery areas and set different charges for different delivery zones.
- Multiple order types, such as takeaway, pick-up, or delivery.
- Marketing & Promotional campaigns.
Price: All the features of the tool are free to use. However, extensions such as SEO Manager are available starting at $10.
Can all restaurants use food delivery software?
Yes, restaurants, cafes, and all food business owners can use food delivery software.
Do food delivery software solutions offer table reservations?
Some food delivery apps offer the option of allowing customers to reserve tables.
What are the benefits of an online food ordering system?
The benefits of an online ordering system are many. An online food ordering system is important for restaurants to manage online orders without relying on third-party delivery apps. With on-demand food ordering systems, restaurants can create an online food menu, manage orders, track delivery status, manage marketing and promotions, and much more.
Your restaurant’s choice of an online ordering system depends on your business needs. However, restaurant owners can look for these things while choosing ordering software for them-
- Food ordering software features
- Customization options
- Support for third-party integrations
- Cost structure & how it goes with your budget
- Marketing & promotional support
So, consider the above-mentioned options if you are looking for the best online food ordering software for restaurants.