Summary: Looking for a convenient solution to Convert MSG files to Thunderbird? If yes, then read the full article to learn about the conversion process in detail. Here you will get the best solution to your problem as we will provide you with the two effective methods to migrate MSG files to Thunderbird.
Overview: MSG vs Thunderbird
MSG(.msg) is a type of file format that is created by MS Outlook and Exchange Server. It stores a single email message content including senders, recipients, message body, attachments, etc. Thunderbird, on the other hand, is a desktop-based, free email client that allows you to manage multiple profiles. It is widely known for its customizable features and robust security options. It is renowned for its user-friendly interface, making it a preferred choice for managing emails and communication.
Before we move further and discuss the various solutions to perform the migration process, let’s learn the advantages of it.
Reasons to Convert MSG files to Thunderbird
The following are the common reasons why users tend to transfer MSG files to Thunderbird.
- It makes it easy to maintain and organize your email accounts with Thunderbird.
- Thunderbird can store a large number of MSG files at once.
- MSG files need Outlook to open but Thunderbird gives you a free email service for managing and opening files.
Export MSG File to Thunderbird Manually
There is no manual method available to Save MSG Files to Thunderbird. To open MSG files in Thunderbird, you first have to convert MSG files to TXT format and further convert TXT files to EML format. Therefore, we will share an alternative solution with you to perform the MSG to Thunderbird migration easily.
Professional Approach to Transfer MSG Files to Thunderbird
You can use the MacSonik MSG Converter Tool for Mac to Convert MSG files to Thunderbird. This software is capable of converting multiple MSG files at once in just a few clicks. It does not disrupt the data integrity and ensures the originality of data throughout the migration process. Its interactive user interface makes it easy to use by both technical and non-technical users. Apart from this, users can also convert MSG files to other multiple file formats like PDF, PST, MSG, MBOX, etc. It can also Migrate MSG Files to various email clients i.e. Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Office 365, and many more.
Advantages of the Third-Party MSG Converter Tool
- This tool helps you to convert single as well as multiple MSG files without any data alteration.
- Using this tool you can save the attachments in separate folders.
- It supports the selective conversion of MSG files of a set date range.
- This tool preserves folder hierarchy throughout the process.
Steps to Migrate MSG File into Thunderbird.
- In the first step, download and install the MacSonik MSG Converter on your Mac.
- Here you will get two options, the first one is Single File/Multiple Files to select one or more MSG files and another is the Select folder option to select the complete folder.
- Now, tap on the Select Files option to select the MSG file from your Mac.
- Here, you have to select MSG files and tap on the open button to add files to the tool. Click Next.
- Now, you will receive a pop notification on your screen that will display you a message” Import Successful. Expand the tree hierarchy.” Tap Ok.
- 6. In this stage, the mailbox folder will be displayed in a tree structure. Select the required emails to migrate. Click Next.
- Finally, tap on the convert button and conversion will start.
In this blog, we have shared with you the best method to Convert MSG files to Thunderbird. The manual method is a tricky and time-consuming process to perform. Therefore, we have shared another solution to Save MSG files to Thunderbird that is less time-consuming. Now users have to select the methods according to their convenience.