Apple quietly updated Apple TV software to version 3.0 and it now supports new stuff such as Genius Mixes, Internet radio, iTunes Extras and LP support. Press release: Apple Introduces Apple TV 3.0 Software With Redesigned User Interface.
The iTunes 9.0.2 update also breaks Palm Pre sync capability (again).
iTunes 9.0.2 adds support for Apple TV software version 3.0, adds an option for a dark background for Grid View, and improves support for accessibility.
iTunes 9 comes with many new features and improvements, including:
• An improved look and feel, including a new Column Browser for easily browsing your artists or albums, movies, TV shows, and more.
• iTunes Store has a brand new look, with improved navigation for quick and easy exploration.
• iTunes LP and iTunes Extras create unique experiences that feature exclusive interviews, videos, photos, and more – available with select album and movie purchases on the iTunes Store.
• Home Sharing helps you manage your family’s iTunes collection between computers in your home. iTunes can automatically transfer new purchases, or you can choose just the items you want.
• Genius Mixes are created for you by iTunes and play songs from your library that go great together.
• iPod and iPhone syncing now allows you to organize your iPhone and iPod touch home screens directly in iTunes. Syncing is now also more flexible, allowing you to sync individual artists, genres, or TV show and Podcast episodes.
• iTunes U items are now organized into their own section in your iTunes library.
• Sync with iPod nano (5th generation), iPod classic (Fall 2009), and iPod touch (Fall 2009).
• iTunes 9 also includes many other improvements, such as HE-AAC encoding and playback, more flexibility with Smart Playlists rules, simpler organization of your media files inside an iTunes Media folder, and more.
Related articles you might find interesting:
- iTunes Now Syncs With Palm Pre Again And Android
- Palm Pre and iTunes Don’t Play Nicely Anymore
- Palm Users Waving Goodbye To iTunes Sync?
- It’s iOS 4.0 Day – Are You Ready? [iPhone/iPod Touch]
- Mac App Store now open!