Two weeks ago, Newzbin.com suddenly closed down completely, after having lost in court against MPAA. Today, Newzbin.com is back online and on servers in Sweden – but as “Newzbin 2″ and with new owners. Owners, who “hacked” Newzbin some time ago to get the source code.
Behind Newzbin 2 is “Team R Dogs” and their front guy seems to be “Mr. White”. An interview with Mr. White was conducted by Revoltingfilesharers Blog, it can be read in full here.
To the question why Mr. White stole the Newzbin source code, he says:
I nicked it initially just because I could, that was a while back. There was no real ‘plan’, I just kinda did it, but I didn’t want to copy the site and didn’t even really plan to use it. […]
Of course Mr. White is aware that MPAA is eventually going to come after them, like they did with “Newzbin 1″. Mr. White says that Newzbin 2 will simply “do a piratebay on them” and that they can run faster than MPAA and shapeshift too – whatever that means.
If you’re into Usenet downloading (legal stuff only, of course…), you need a usenet account which you can get at Newshosting or Usenetserver for as little as $10 a month with free SSL encryption. They have a 2 week free trial available too.
Related articles you might find interesting:
- MPAA to block Newzbin 2 access with Cleanfeed content blocking system?
- Usenet Index Site, Newzbin, Found Liable For Copyright Infringement
- Newshosting updates to 1300 days of retention (Usenet provider)
- Special Usenet/Newshosting Offer – Discount For Life & Unlimited Downloads
- Usenet Access Discontinued For Verizon And AT&T – Best Usenet Server Recommendation