Apple just released iTunes update 8.2.1 and with that new update, Apple also made sure Palm Pre will no longer work with iTunes. Palm Pre works by “telling” iTunes that it’s actually an iPhone/iPod and apparently Apple doesn’t like that and they previously said they do not intend on supporting Palm Pre.
The official description of iTunes 8.2.1 claims to fix “an issue with verification of Apple devices”. That means not only the Palm Pre will get in trouble, but other devices that tries to dress up as iPod’s will no longer have access to your iTunes goody bag.
In other news, Apple also released iPhone SDK 3.1 beta. This new update kills the tethering-hack that allowed iPhone users to connect to the Internet using their iPhone over AT&T.
Related articles you might find interesting:
- Palm Users Waving Goodbye To iTunes Sync?
- iTunes Now Syncs With Palm Pre Again And Android
- Apple TV 3.0 and iTunes 9.0.2 Updates Are Out. Palm Pre Sync Gone Again.
- iTunes App Store: 13 New Countries Added
- How-To: iTunes TV Shows & Movies For Non-US Citizen