But before we do, I have a few announcments to make:
I did some minor advertisement changes. I removed the two 125×125 ads I had in the upper right corner of my site. They never received any clicks, so I figured I’d rather use that spot to promote certain featured posts and/or for RSS subscribers.
Two “ad companies” got kicked out of TechPatio during October. One of them being Chitika. They provide an ad only for users coming from a search engine result. The ad was relevant to their search, but received very few clicks, not worth it. SocialSpark/IZEA was also removed because:
- Didn’t pay much.
- Something with their ITK tools script was doing some weird stuff in my Firefox, it seemed to “activate” whenever I click on stuff in my website that’s not clickable. I don’t know if it’s supposed to do that in order to “track clicks” or what, but it seemed kinda odd. I hope it’s just me, but in case it’s not, then it’s gone now since I removed the ITK tools.
- SocialSpark rejected my blog into their Marketplace without giving a specific reason other than “my blog is not right for their Marketplace at this time”. So, if I’m not good enough for them, they’re not good enough for me 🙂 Besides, without an approved blog (I think), I’m having very limited access to their opportunities. In fact, the only opp’s available to me right now is a an affiliate deal for MacSpeech Dictate that costs $199 and I’d receive $0.32 for each sale (what?!). And the 2nd opportunity is for a program/service that prepares people for the SAT’s, pays out $16 per sale but according to the comments, this opp has expired.
- I’ve already made 4 times as much from ReviewMe this month alone than the past 3 months from SocialSpark.
But, then I added something new: ReviewMe. They offer to pay bloggers to review sites/products and in October I made $15 doing two reviews. I just hope my readers are not annoyed by those posts and that they will accept at least seeing in the title where it says “[Sponsored Post]” that it’s a sponsored post and then decide if they want to read it or not. I enjoyed doing the reviews I’ve done so far, I get to read about a product/company I didn’t know beforehand, research the company and their product – and then I receive some money for it as well. My goal is not to “get rich quick”, my goal is to see what kind of money can be made from an online blog, when you start at ground zero.
So let’s just look at the numbers already:
|Avg. time on site:||01:51||01:20||02:14||01:30|
Conclusion: October ’09
I was right, I was not going to reach 7,000 pageviews in October. September was simply too good. I saw a few less blog comments than the month before, but I didn’t comment myself that much either (on other blogs).
The income was good, $115.56, new record, yay!!
I made a Clickbank sale (the Green DIY Energy product, teaching you to make your own solar & wind products). InfoLinks income was lower due to less pageviews, properly. AdSense increased though, I believe that’s because I optimized my AdSense placements during October. We’ll see what happens here in November. And finally, Thesis. I made a Thesis sale too, that’s fantastic! Now there’s another blogger out there enjoying the great SEO benefits of Thesis – will you be the next one? 🙂
TechPatio also received a PageRank update, going from PR0 to PR2 in the latest PageRank update.
I also opened up a new blog in Otober, called
ApplePatio.com, where I post all my Apple related news and articles. The above mentioned income covers both TechPatio and ApplePatio, but all the other statistics are only for TechPatio. Next month, I’ll do a blog summary report for ApplePatio too, having two months worth of data.
Goals: November ’09
In November, my goal will be to reach the same amount of pageviews like I had in September, meaning 7.500 pageviews.
Obviously, it’s going to be tough to do another income record. It all depends on the affiliate sales and I’m afraid, as we move closer to Christmas, less people will be willing to spend money online on stuff like this, saving their money for Christmas presents. I don’t have any anticipations regarding affiliate sales in November, but I expect my AdSense income to get closer to $15.
Top 5 Most Viewed Posts: October
- Google Wave Invitations – Come And Get’em, They’re Free!
- Caroline Wozniacki Breasts
- Simple & Easy DIY iPhone Dock For Free
- How To Use Twitter To Get Through To Customer Support In A Jiffy
- Why “Comment Reply Notification” Is A Must Have Plugin For Your Blog – Otherwise…
Other Summary & Income Reports
I’m not the only one doing this whole income report thingy, many other blogs do them too. Here’s some of the reports I’ve spotted so far. If yours are missing and you want it here, be sure to drop a comment below and I’ll be happy to add it to the list.