Yesterday I was working myself to come up with reasons I do not need Nikons new 55-300mm VR lens. Today I got myself a much bigger task at hand because Nikon has introduced their new D7000 camera which has everything I miss about my current D5000.
I can’t really cover everything about this camera in this post, but I just wanted to point you in the direction of this baby if you’re in the market for a new DSLR. Luckily, for me, the price tag makes me say “no thanks, for now!”. It’s listed as $1200 at Amazon USA and available for pre-order today.
- 16.2 megapixel, CMOS sensor, DX format
- 1080p full HD video (24fps)
- ISO up to 6400 (25,600 in extended)
- CLS (Creative Lighting System)
- Autofocus while video recording in liveview
- External microphone connector
- Magnesium alloy construction with some weather resistance
For a full review of the Nikon D7000, check out imaging-resource.com
Also you should watch the two videos below by Charse Jarvis who got the D7000 some time ago. The first one is a behind the scenes video and the last one is the actual short film he shot with D7000.