File deletion is a universal action that most of us have ever taken during the use of computers. There are two main reasons for doing so: one is to release more free space for storing new data and the other is to avoid privacy leakage tragedy.
No matter what the reason is, you are going to need an efficient way to retrieve deleted files on Windows sometimes. For instance, you have deleted a file, only to find it is still important later. In addition to that, you may also want to find recently deleted files after you performed a wrong deletion (in other words, you have deleted the wrong files).
Can You Retrieve Deleted Files on Windows Independently
If you’re one of the victims who are suffering fromaccidental file deletion, we’re sure that the following content will be pretty much useful for you.
We strongly suggest that you should get MiniTool Power Data Recovery when you need to recover deleted files in Windows (get MiniTool Mac Data Recovery if you need to recover deleted files on Mac). It turns out that you can find both recently deleted files as well as the files lost a long time ago with the help of “Undelete Recovery” functional module in this software.
To tell the truth, MiniTool Power Data Recovery is a data recovery tool designed for various Windows systems and favored by large numbers of Windows users.Efficient butfree deleted file recovery becomes possible when you make use of its free edition.
How Do I Recover Permanently Deleted Files from My PC
According to statistics, we find resorting to reliable software and seeking help from professional data recovery companiesare two methods used most commonly to restore deleted files.
Method 1: two powerful free software to recover deleted files.
- MiniTool Power Data Recovery is a piece of data recovery software designed to help users recover different kinds of files in various situations. File types like *.m4v, *.3g2, *.wtv, *.wrf, *.pps and *.dps are all supported. In addition, it is fully compatible with IDE, SATA, SCSI, USB hard disk, memory card, USB flash drive, CD/DVD, Blue-Ray Disk and iPod. The most important point is that all interfaces of the software are provided with operation tips, which are able to lead you all the way to restore data in a convenient way.
- WinHex is a powerful hexadecimal editor used frequently by computer professionals. It is used to check and repair all kinds of files and recover files deleted accidentally or lost because of hard disk damage. This editor really enjoys a good reputation among people. But the fact is that the operation of it is quite complex and difficult for many ordinary PC users.
As a result, we advise you to choose the first one unless you have rich computer knowledge to handle the second one.
- Choose a suitable software edition (if you don’t have too many files to recover, just choose the free edition).
- Close all unnecessary programs; then, install and launch the software.
- Click“Undelete Recovery” from main window.
- Follow the instructions to scan the drive and select the desired files to recover carefully.
This method is helpful no matter you want to recover a deleted folder or recover deleted photos.
Method 2: seeking help from professional data recovery companies.
This is an effective way torecover deleted Windows files. However, we do not recommend that you adopt this method in consideration of cost and privacy. Those companies always charge too high for data recovery and your confidential data may be leaked out during the recovery. Both will drive you crazy.
How to Recover Deleted Files from Recycle Bin
Recycle bin is here in every Windows to store some files and folders deleted by users for a certain period of time. Files deleted by pressing “Delete” button or choosing “Delete” from right-click menu from computer hard drive will be sent to recycle bin.
Actually, this gives us a chance to make up for the mistake of deleting useful files. For example, if we suddenly find the files we have deleted some time ago are needed, we can check the recycle bin immediately, trying to get it back in a few simple clicks.
Steps to recover files from recycle bin:
- Open recycle bin in computer.
- Find needed file(s).
- Right click on it/them and choose “Restore” (or double click it/them and choose “Restore”).
Tips: if there are so many files in recycle bin that you have to spend much time in finding needed ones, you can input file name to the “Search Recycle Bin” textbox.By doing so, we all can recover accidentally deleted files at a very fast speed.
Note: all of above content is based on Windows 8; if you want to learn more accurately about how to recover deleted files in Windows 10, please refer to this post.
That’s all we want to say about how to retrieve deleted files on Windows without other’s help.