“I am using Microsoft Outlook 2010 email application and there are lots of important contacts information saved in my account. Some days ago, I realized that my hard drive has some issue. So, I want to export Outlook contacts to thumb drive. But, I am not much aware about the method to transfer Outlook data items into the flash drive. Do you know any reliable solutions? If yes, then please guide me. Thanks in advance!”
Helpful Tip: Users can export PST contacts to vCard, so that it can be used on every platform. For doing this, they can use SysTools vCard Export Tool.
Most of the time people wants to transfer their contacts from Outlook to another application. But, it is quite difficult to directly migrate one system to another system. In such case, a portable storage device like thumb drive works as a great medium. It is also called USB drive or flash drive. However, if a user plug-ins the thumb drive in USB port of the computer, then system recognizes it and allows to open, view and copy files from the thumb drive to the system. Thus, this article will help you to export Outlook contacts to thumb drive.
Need to Transfer Outlook Contacts to Thumb Drive
There are several reasons to move contacts from Outlook to flash drive. Some of the main reasons are discussed below:
- Thumb drive is light in weight, so it is easy to carry from one place to another place.
- It offers more storage capacity in small space also the data stored in flash drive is impervious to magnetic fields, scratches, and dust.
- Flash drive doesn’t need any external power supply to access and it is more secure to transfer the crucial contacts information.
How to Export Contacts from Outlook to Thumb Drive?
In order to migrate Outlook contacts to flash drive, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- First of all, connect the Thumb drive to your system.
- Then, open your Outlook account after entering your credentials.
- After that, go to the File menu >> click on the Open & Export option.
- In this step, select the Import/Export option.
- Now, an Import and Export wizard opens in front of you, then select Export to a File option and click on the Next button.
- Further, select Outlook Data File and click on the Browse button to get the file or folder that you want to save.
- Again, click on the Browse button and go to the Computer>> select Thumb Drive.
- Provide a suitable name for your file and click OK and press Next button.
- Finally, click on the Finish button to complete the process.
An Automatic Solution to Transfer Outlook Contacts to Thumb Drive
The above discussed manual solution is able to move contacts from Outlook to flash drive, but it takes a long time and needs expert technical skill to perform these steps. Also, it is only compatible with Outlook. If a user wants to export their Outlook contacts to Google account or Android device, then it is advised to opt a reliable professional tool like SysTools vCard Export tool. This utility is designed to easily transfer contacts from Outlook to CSV, WAB or vCard format. And, this CSV or vCard format is supported by the various application like Gmail, Yahoo, etc. In addition, the tool offers multiple features like export Outlook contacts to thumb drive along with their associated attributes.
The Bottom Line
In this write-up, we have described export Outlook contacts to thumb drive. Here we have tried to solve the user’s problem during the migration of Outlook contacts to a thumb drive. In addition, we have also covered the manual method along with the automated solution. However, if a user does not wants to waste their time in the long export process. Then, they can use the professional vCard Export tool that can easily migrate Outlook contacts to flash drive in an efficient manner.