Search engine optimisation is something that all companies need to be concerned about in 2018. It does not matter how big or small your business is, or what industry you operate in, you need to have a solid SEO strategy if you are to increase your online visibility and stand out from the crowd. With that in mind, read on to discover some basic SEO tips to help you get started.
- Link back to yourself. Integrating internal links is one of the most basic forms of SEO, yet also one of the most important. It will help to improve traffic to your individual pages.
- Make a sitemap. Another way to improve your SEO efforts is to create a sitemap. This is a page that lists all of the content and pages on your website, typically in a hierarchy fashion. This makes it easier for search engine bots to read your website and rank it accordingly.
- Make sure your URLs contain clear keywords so that they are search-engine friendly.
- Stay away from flash. Flash can ruin your SEO strategy, no matter how pretty you think it makes your website look.
- Make sure keywords are incorporated naturally. Stuffing keywords is one of the most guaranteed ways to find your website falling down the search engine result pages.
- Make sure any SEO provider understands your industry. This post explains why SEO companies with specific experience in your domain are worth their weight in gold.
- Include descriptions with all of your images. Search engines cannot view photos and pictures in the same manner we can. This is why you need to add a description so that they know that an image is there and they know what is contained in the image.
- Content is king. Create content that is engaging, interesting, and original. Do not merely duplicate content that is already out there.
- Develop relationships with other websites. This should be websites and blogs that are related to your company without being in direct competition. You can then link back to each other’s websites.
- Track keyword performance using Google Analytics. If you do not know how your keywords are performing, how do you expect to make improvements?
- Never remain still. SEO is a realm that is changing all of the time. Search engines constantly bring out new updates and there are always new trends that need to be considered. If you do not move with the times, you are at risk of getting left behind.
As you can see, there are a number of different ways you can get started with SEO. Follow the advice that has been mentioned above, but make sure you never stop learning. SEO is something that never sleeps, so you always need to improve your efforts.