Anonymizer is a special site that allows you to open other Internet resources through it. The main feature is that the IP address of the anonymizer will be displayed in the logs of the receiving domain, and not your real one. All anonymizing websites have a field for the address of the final domain. At first, you must open the anonymizer, enter the link in a special line and click on the transition button, to get anonymous browsing. This way you get to the right site without showing him your IP address.
Why use anonymizer
- At logs of the websites you`ve visited, you`ll see the IP address of the. Thus, you can anonymously visit any resources. The main thing is to make all the transitions through the anonymizer
- Almost all anonymizer services are free. The content of the site does not require much effort. In addition, anonymizers have many significant drawbacks, so paid resources are extremely rare and are not popular.
- A wide selection of anonymizers, which allows you to choose the most suitable service. There are domains both in the EN zone and on the global Internet. In general, they are all similar, but the differences are not significant.
Disadvantages of anonymizers
Despite all the advantages, anonymizers do not have a good reputation. This is due to several factors:
- low speed – the delay is more than 200 ms, which is about 10 times slower than VPN`s ping;
- extra advertising – ads from anonymizer will also be shown. In addition, advertising is not constrained by the framework and often contains 18+ content;
- unstable operation – the connection can randomly disappear and appear. Also, the services themselves appear and are deleted daily;
- there is no security, because it is not known who gets your data when connecting through the anonymizer;
- restriction on use – most resources limit the amount of downloaded and transmitted data. Thus, you will not be able to download and upload large files, such as music or photos. Typically, the limit is set to 1 megabyte. In addition, you will not be able to watch the video in the browser, since most services do not support this function due to the heavy load;
- the inability to choose or simply change the IP address – you have to use what is ready to provide the service;
- data encryption is not performed, instead, the IP address is simply replaced;
- many anonymizers are blocked by Russian providers.
Anonymous Alternative – VPN
If you are interested in an anonymous and secure connection, use a VPN. Such networks conducts your connection through a special secure server, devoid of the disadvantages of anonymizing. These key benefits can be highlighted:
- high connection speed and stability – the virtual private network does not affect the speed of the transmitted data, it all depends on the capabilities of your provider. Servers work stably and reliably, which ensures comfortable use;
- guaranteed security and anonymity – the virtual private network uses encryption for information transmitted by the user to the domain and back, which allows you to protect data. Also, logs are not stored on VPN servers, so your anonymity will be ensured in any situation;
- selection of IP addresses and countries – VPN services have several servers in different countries, which allows you to choose the best option.
Many VPN services have a free version. In this case, there is a limitation on the transmitted data or the duration of use. However, even the trial version allows you to send and receive gigabytes of traffic. Thus, you can lose nothing to see all the advantages of VPN over anonymizer.