The mighty Windows computers may see dark days of their lives when you remain negligent towards early signs of diminishing performance. Your Windows machine works just fine when you buy it brand new, but over time due to various reasons, your system gets slow. Here, you may encounter numerous performance issues like a slow boot, freezes, crashes, and more. If you are facing these signs and wondering what to do next, then this article is for you. Here, we have discussed ways to optimize your Windows computer for better performance. Following these simple yet effective tips, you can easily boost your PC performance significantly.
Top 5 ways to optimize Windows
Updating software on regular intervals will help you optimize your PC effortlessly. Here, you get regular software updates automatically from your device manufacturer. You should be prompted to install these updates on your device. It will help you fix certain bugs, help you patch security issues and offer additional useful features. If you have missed installing recent software updates that you receive automatically, then you can do it manually as well. To do this, follow this process.
- Go to Start menu and right-click on it.
- Select Settings from given options.
- Once you are on Settings window, go to left-pane and select Windows Update.
- Click on Check for Updates button.
- It will scan and detect all available updates for your system and helps you install them.
Outdated drivers not only negatively affect specific device performance, but it also affects overall system performance negatively. A lot of drivers get updated automatically with a software update, still, you can see and update drivers manually when needed. Furthermore, you also get driver updates notifications on regular intervals from your device manufacturers. If you have missed these automatic updates, then you can manually update drivers by following these steps.
- Search & select “Device Manager” from the search box on the taskbar.
- On Device Manager window, search, select and expand the category of device for which you want to update driver.
- Once you have selected the category, right-click on it.
- Select “Update driver software” from given options.
It will display 2 options:
First, “Search automatically for updated driver software” to help you automatically update the drivers.
Second, “Browse my computer for driver software” to help you browse the location of the device to update the driver manually.
Uninstall Unwanted Apps
Unnecessary apps on your system in the form of bloatware or other apps that you are not using for a while occupies a lot of system resources for no good reasons. It furthermore makes your system run slow and cause a lot of other problems. To uninstall all these unneeded apps, follow these steps.
- Search & select “Apps & Features” in the search box on the taskbar.
- Here, you will find a list of all installed programs on your PC in a separate window.
- Scroll down to find and select programs that you want to uninstall.
- Once you have selected the program to uninstall, right-click on it and select Uninstall button. You will find this button given below to the selected app.
Use Disk Cleanup Utility
Built-in Disk Cleanup utility is a powerful solution that helps you deep clean your system storage. It helps you find and clean all types of junk files on your Windows system effortlessly. To use Disk Cleanup utility on your Windows 10 system, follow these steps.
- Search & select “Disk Cleanup” in the search box on the taskbar.
- Select the drive you wish to clean when prompted.
- On Disk Cleanup window, select the files & folders that you wish to delete.
- Once selected press OK.
Use Best PC Cleaner Software
Once you have followed manual actions, the next best solution to optimize your PC is to use best PC cleaner & optimization tools. Working on advanced techniques, these powerful software solutions help you deep clean your system storage and boost system performance significantly. You can use these nifty solutions to recover GBs of disk space in no time. In addition to cleaning & optimization features, it also offers certain security features to keep your system performance intact.
So, these are few simple yet effective tips & tricks you can follow to optimize your PC for better performance. In addition to the above-mentioned tips, if you know more such effective ways, then feel free to share your knowledge.
Metadata: Following a few simple yet effective manual steps, you can easily optimize your PC for better performance. Let’s discuss more about these tips here.