Safari is widely used browser on Apple devices that comes built-in from manufacturer. You can use Safari on your Apple device to browse Internet for all your needs safely. While it offers secure and user friendly experience to users, just like any other software Safari isn’t free of its own issues. There are various Safari problems you may encounter over time while working on it. To help you this, we have discussed Safari not working problems in this article and we have discussed few quick solutions to it as well. It includes using best Mac cleaner software for instant and effective results.
Common Safari problems
If you find Safari not working on a Mac, then there could be numerous reasons behind it. You may find various Safari issues that are causing performance issues. It may include:
- Safari crashing
- Safari not opening
- Safari not responding
- Message that says “Safari can not be opened because of a problem”
There could be numerous issues why Safari is crashing, not opening or not responding. These issues generally include:
- Cluttered browser data including cache, cookies, history logs and downloads
- Too many opened tabs
- Incompatible browser extension or plugin
- Outdated Safari version
- Older version of macOS
How to fix these issues?
Close unnecessary tabs
When you have multiple tabs open in Safari, they will simply consuming resources unnecessarily causing Safari problems. Now that you want to fix this problem, head to Safari > click File and select Close All Windows. It will instantly boost your browser performance.
Clear Website Data
Every time you open a new tab and visit a new website a certain data is cached to load it faster next time you visit the same site again. Website data in the form of cache & cookies help sites recognize your system more quickly. While it is useful for certain tasks, it may also cause lot of performance issues when a lot of cache & cookies are accumulated on your Mac. Here, best Mac cleaner software could also help you get rid of unnecessary data on your Mac.
Follow below mentioned steps to remove cache on your Mac:
- Open Safari and head to Safari menu > Preferences.
- Choose Advanced option.
- At the end of the window, check ‘Show develop menu in menu bar’ option.
- Next is to choose the Develop menu and select Empty Caches.
Follow below mentioned steps to remove cookies in Safari:
- Open Safari > Preferences.
- Go to Privacy > Manage Website Data.
- Select Remove All to clear browser cookies.
- Open Safari, go to History > Clear History.
- From drop-down list select all history.
- Confirm your action.
Note: It will clear history from all connected devices where you use same iCloud account.
Check for Updates
To keep your system in good health, your device manufacturer sends you regular updates. With each update you get bug fixes, security patches and a lot new features. Once you update your Mac to newer version, it also automatically updates lot of built-in apps automatically. Thus, it is suggested to check for latest update and install it to avoid Safari problems. To do this, follow below mentioned steps:
- Go to Apple menu > About This Mac.
- In the next window, select Software Update.
- Follow on-screen instructions to update your Mac to latest version.
Next possible reason behind Safari problems could be incompatible extensions. While extensions are useful addition to your browser, but it may start causing trouble when they are incompatible to your browser. Thus, it is suggested to disable all such extensions to avoid performance issues. To disable unwanted extensions, follow below mentioned steps:
- Open Safari > Preferences.
- Select the Extensions tab.
- Here you need to uncheck all the extensions that you wish to disable. Alternatively, you can click Uninstall to completely remove these extensions.
“Safari can not be opened because of a problem” message
If you have noticed this message and Safari on your Mac refuse to open at all, then it’s time to follow steps that some Apple users found useful. To fix this problem, go to /System/Library/PrivateFramworks/ from Finder. Here, you need to find and remove MobileDevice.framework file. It will help you instantly fix the problem on your Mac with Safari.
In addition to above mentioned manual steps, you can also try to use best Mac cleaner tools for instant and effective results. These powerful tools help you deal with all performance issues on your Mac including Safari problems. Do try these steps and share your feedback in the comments section below.