Have you been working on specific mobile app development for a long time, and it is ready to release now? If yes, we want to ask just one question – have you tested how it performs on real smartphones? If not, we must say it is “extremely” essential to check the functionality and usability of your mobile application on hundreds of actual cellphones before you launch it on the Play Store or App Store. The reason? If you make your app up and running on the respective platforms without checking how it performs on the user’s end, the chances are high they will abandon your application if they come across any functional issues. It could be anything like improper rendering of the pages, inaccessibility to tiny buttons, or unexpected errors on clicking the internal links. So, the question arises, how to rest assured of the “elimination” of these common issues when launching your mobile application. Well, that’s where Automated Browser Testing Frameworks comes in.
“Now,” before you ask what it is or what it means, we will explain it to you in detail. So, let’s see:
What are Automated Browser Testing Frameworks?
The Automated Browser Testing Frameworks are a set of guidelines to create and design test cases for examining the web apps, mobile apps, and other audio and video applications on hundreds of real smartphones across the globe. In other words, you can understand that it is a conceptual part of automated testing that helps app testers to use the necessary tools and other resources more effectively during testing.
So, if you are looking for a powerful app testing solution that could help you achieve the desired performance goals with ease, please follow the best practices mentioned in test automation frameworks. Do you know why? Because it will help you run the instrumental tests in a systematic and organized way.
Why do you need to use Automated Browser Testing Frameworks in test automation?
The biggest reason to use Automated Browser Testing Frameworks for automated testing is that it helps QAs boost their efficiency and test speed. That’s not all; the automation testing frameworks also come in handy to increase the accuracy of the tests, reduce the test maintenance costs, and, more importantly, minimize various risks involved in running the tests. Since using automated testing frameworks has so many advantages, you will get surprised to know that test automation has become a key component of modern testing practices “nowadays.”
What are the different types of Test Automation Frameworks?
- Modular Testing Framework
- Hybrid Testing Framework
- Linear Scripting Framework
- Data Driven Testing Framework
- Keyword Driven Testing Framework
- Behavior Driven Development Framework (BDD)
- Test Driven Development Framework (TDD)
What are several purposes of using the Automated Browser Testing Frameworks?
- It improves your overall efficiency when designing and developing automated test scripts. Do you know how? “Well,” it accomplishes that goal by enabling the reuse of essential test codes. For example, suppose that you want to test the performance and functionality of a particular web application in myriads of browsers. In that case, if you create a test case for one specific browser, its test codes can get used for examining your app in other browsers.
- It enables bug detection in your app tests and “also” its root-cause analysis. The benefit? It doesn’t require the human testers to get involved in the process big time for the applications under test.
- It offers a structured development methodology to create test cases with uniform designs and lower the dependency on each test scenario for your web or mobile apps.
- It also contributes “greatly” to decreasing the dependence on app testing teams for running a set of tests. Don’t you know how? “Well,” it automatically selects the tests you need to run for inspecting your applications based on the required test scenarios.
- The automated testing frameworks also play a critical role in enhancing the utilization of various resources during tests and extracting maximum return from your app evaluation efforts.
- Besides that, the test automation frameworks are pretty “useful” when it “comes” to running automated tests smoothly with little or no human effort.
- Last but not least, the automated frameworks stay flexible when you want to modify your test scope based on the changes in the test strategy or the conditions of the application under test.
So far, we think you have learned scores of things through this primer, be it the definition of Automated Browser Testing Framework, its types, or the purposes to use them. So, if you like walking through this content piece and want to get web app or mobile app testing services now, please don’t hesitate to give a “call” to the industry-leading app testing firm in the USA.