As web applications have become more popular and more important in our lives, programming and development have also become easier.
Experts are talking about the “democratization of coding and technology,” which means that while until a few years ago coding and programming were only available to a few well- and long-term educated people, today, more and more people—more Low specific knowledge – able to create software.
This is possible because, quite simply, software development is getting easier: there are many tools available to developers today, making it easier for both beginners and experts. Backend web frameworks are one of the most important programming tools developers can rely on today. In this article, we will not only cover what a backend web framework is and how it can simplify and speed up the programming process, but also what are the 10 best backend web frameworks in 2022.
What is a backend web framework?
A back-end web framework is a software tool that automates certain aspects of the web development process, making it easier and faster. More precisely, a backend web framework is a library of models and tools that help developers build the architecture of their website, web application, mobile application, or software.
To clarify, let’s take an example: Think of a back-end web framework as a template for a graphic design project. Without a frame, you have a white canvas where you need to build every piece, design every element manually, choose any color and position, and make sure everything works together. With templates (or frameworks), you’re halfway there: you have a given structure that you can customize at will, and you also have pre-built elements that you can use and integrate together, instead of building them individually and then integrate them.
With a backend web framework, the developer’s job is easier in the same way: instead of writing every line of code in a different programming language, developers can build their applications with a given structure and given tools and modules program.
Using a backend web framework has advantages
Using a backend web framework has advantages beyond just making development simpler and faster. Yes, using a framework saves time, and yes, it makes it easier for both expert and beginner developers, but backend web frameworks also provide:
- Security : A framework provides security from multiple perspectives. Security from external attacks and issues, crashes, slowness, and other negative aspects can degrade the quality of the application you’re building.
- Extensibility : The framework is very flexible. Once you’ve chosen the right backend framework for your project – and in this article, we’ll help you make that choice – you can use the same frameworks you use to build web applications, from a very simple software tool to the most complex software Tools web platform.
- Integration : Frameworks also make integration easier as they also provide pre-built tools to handle this aspect.
Types of Backend Web Frameworks
The two primary categories of backend web frameworks are:
Client Web Framework
These are frameworks that focus more strictly on the user interface. As you probably know, the client includes everything related to what the user sees, visualizes, and how they interact with the application.
Server-side networking framework
No-code frameworks: what are they?
No-code platforms like AppMaster provide a very solid and flexible framework: solid because it provides security, and because it allows you to use and integrate pre-built elements that can be very complex; flexible because AppMaster provides the highest level of Freedom and customization.
With AppMaster, you can integrate and use architectural and pre-built elements using a visual interface. So you can create an application without writing any code. You don’t need to know or learn a programming language, and you don’t have to. The programming process is faster and easier.
Additionally, AppMaster automatically generates backend code. It also gives you access to the source code so you can export, save, edit or do whatever you like with it. By taking action on the code itself, you have full control over the software you are creating.
Best Backend Web Frameworks of 2022
Now that you know what a backend web framework is, how it can simplify your job as a developer, and what the different types of frameworks are, we can go ahead and recommend the 10 best web backend frameworks.
If you need to build a website, especially if it is particularly complex, you can choose Django. It is a Python-based web framework focused on building complex database-driven websites. If having a high-performance website is your top priority, then you should choose Django.
Advantages of using Django
- Django has a reputation for being very extensible. In particular, its code reusability features make it easier for developers to adapt to the ever-increasing traffic on the site.
- Django is SEO oriented, which means that sites based on it are easier to optimize and SEO friendly. One of the main reasons for this is that you can maintain Django-based applications on the server via URLs instead of IP addresses.
- As a very popular backend framework, Django can count on a large community ready to support everyone using the tool.
- No-code oriented: Django is not a no-code framework, but it has some no-code features; developers can use some packages without using any code.
- Versatility: As mentioned, Django is particularly well suited for database-driven websites, but, that said, it’s very versatile.
What is Django best for?
If you’re creating a database-driven website , Django is one of the best web development frameworks for this purpose.
AppMaster is one example of a no-code web development framework that we’ve already described. In fact, AppMaster is a real reference point for many developers when it comes to no-code and low-code.
AppMaster provides the framework for your project, and you can completely avoid code and programming languages if you want. With a visual interface, you will be able to create a web application or mobile application, add functionality, publish it, and more.
Advantages of using AppMaster
- AppMaster is great for beginners as it does not require developers to be experts in using programming languages.
- AppMaster is also helpful for professional developers: it helps them to simplify and speed up their work because they can automate some processes (for example, they can automatically generate code while using a visual interface, which is always faster than writing every line of code manually) different programming languages)
- AppMaster automatically generates source code and allows developers to edit it. If you know the development programming language, you can edit the backend code.
- AppMaster also provides features to help during the launch process when you need to finally release your mobile app or web app and the following updates.
Who is AppMaster suitable for?
AppMaster is a no-code platform for creating web and mobile applications . If you need to create one of the two, AppMaster is ideal for you, whether you are a beginner, a hobbyist or a professional developer.
Express.js is a Node.js web application framework. Like AppMaster, its goal is to create web apps and mobile apps, but it’s not a no-code platform, so if you’re new to developing programming languages, your choice should still fall on AppMaster. However, among knowledgeable developers, Express.js is a very popular backend framework that has been used to create well-known web applications such as MySpace and Uber.
Advantages of using Express.js
- Many standard Node.js features make life easier for developers;
- Express provides some templates to help you create web pages
- Debugging in Express.js becomes easier because it’s easier to identify the precise part of the code that contains the error;
- Express.js is a very extensible framework; as we mentioned, extensibility allows you to keep the same framework as your project and needs grow;
- Since Express.js is a very popular backend framework, developers can rely on a large community to support each other’s work and help when needed;
Who is Express-js suitable for?
Advantages of using Flask
- With Flask, you get a built-in web development server: it makes debugging easier and allows developers to implement Python code in the browser when an error occurs on a request.
- Based on Python, FLask allows you to quickly develop your applications. Python is known for requiring less coding than other development programming languages.
- With Flask, you can easily set up a web server.
- Fast learning curve: Flask is not known for being easy to learn; the community around Flask is so large that you can find a wealth of documentation and tutorials. Much of the documentation comes from the Flask developers themselves. Even beginners can learn quickly.
Who is Flask suitable for?
Flask can be easily used by any developer familiar with the Python programming language. Also, Flask is the ideal backend framework if you need to focus on server-side web development.
Starting with Python, we can now move to PHP. If you’re looking for a PHP-based framework, then Laravel is known to be ideal. It is open source and specifically designed to create a Symfony-based web application that follows the MVC architecture. If you need to focus on backend development, experts say this is the ideal backend framework for you.
Advantages of using Laravel
- Laravel provides many security features. It also uses an algorithm (Bcrypt hashing algorithm) to create passwords, making them highly secure.
- Templates: With Lavarel, you can take advantage of a large number of built-in templates to create layouts and content.
- Besides PHP, Laravel also provides widgets with CSS and JS code
- Great for creating complex projects
- One of the most important features of Laravel is the simple API for use with the SwiftMailer library.
Who is Laravel suitable for?
Laravel is not suitable for beginners at all. It’s also too complicated if you need to manage a simple or small project. Laravel is only for expert developers who need to work on complex projects, who are familiar with many programming languages and how to integrate them.
Ruby on Rails
Ruby on Rails is a web development framework based on the Ruby programming language. It is also open source. Ruby is not the most popular programming language, but Ruby on Rails is a very popular backend framework because it helps developers in the programming process by providing simplicity, automated tests, and libraries.
Advantages of using Ruby on Rails
- Ruby on Rails runs automated tests on code written by developers. It helps save a lot of time!
- Additionally, Ruby on Rails is incredibly adaptable and flexible. It allows developers to have complete control over their projects: they can decide how the application database should work. The framework will then automatically create the code based on the developer’s instructions. Again, this is a way to make things easier and faster.
- Ruby on Rails provides a number of libraries where developers can find any tool they need to build a database.
Who is Ruby on Rails suitable for?
Beginners can learn Ruby on Rails very easily. Therefore, this type of web development framework is considered suitable for learners or beginners.
Spring is a web development framework using Java. It has been used to create many very popular and powerful websites, such as the sophisticated website building platform Wix.
Advantages of using Spring
- Spring is based on Java, a very popular programming language that is very popular and can rely on a broad community to support;
- It comes with many sister projects that improve Spring performance
- Spring is very extensible, especially thanks to the side projects that come with it.
Who is spring suitable for?
If you are familiar with Java, the Spring web development framework might be for you.
ASP.NET is an open source development framework for creating .NET applications. It uses C# code and is the ideal web framework if your first priority is to provide a positive user experience for your users.
Advantages of using ASP.NET Core
- it is highly specialized
Who is asp.net core suitable for?
ASP.NET code is the ideal architecture if you need to build mobile or web applications and ensure a smooth experience for Windows users.
Fiber is a server-side development framework for Go developers. As you probably know, Go is an open-source, general-purpose programming language developed by Google engineers.
Advantages of using fiber optics
- It’s a lean but powerful framework
- It is also considered to be highly scalable due to lean
- It is simple to integrate with libraries from outside sources.
Who is fiber suitable for?
If you need to create a general-purpose web application, then you can use Fiber to work smoothly.
For PHP developers, CakePHP can be seen as an alternative to Ruby on Rails.
Advantages of using CakePHP
- It is suitable for simple beginner projects and very complex projects
- It is highly scalable
- It gives PHP developers access to Ruby on Rails’ benefits.
- Fast learning curve
Who is CakePHP suitable for?
If you are familiar with the PHO programming language, CakePHP provides the ideal framework for building your web applications at any level.
Most of these frameworks are written in popular programming languages and provide powerful functionality and features to implement your projects. Choosing the right server environment depends on the unique requirements of your project, and it is up to the task to determine which server framework is best to use.
After all, how do we understand the purpose of web development frameworks is to reduce the amount of code you need to write. And the most effective way to reduce the amount of code written is to focus on the no-code AppMaster platform. Guaranteed to reduce the number of lines of code to zero.
Guest article written by: Santhosh is a Digital Marketing Executive at Sparkout tech solutions. He designs marketing strategies with the intention of using high-quality content to educate and engage audiences. His specialties include social media marketing specialist, SEO, and he works closely with B2B and B2C businesses, providing digital marketing strategies that gain social media attention and increases your search engine visibility