Sony is once more making a cross-promotion with Apple TV+, and this time its console owners are offered an extended free trial of the premium streaming service.
As this promotion gives a timeframe of almost four months for PS4 owners to redeem their free three-month access to Apple TV+, it makes the perfect opportunity to check out the service and make it just in time for the arrival of an anticipated new movie, series, or even the upcoming Friday Night Baseball coverage once the MLB season begins.
As posted on Sony PlayStation’s website:
“Redeem your offer between now and July 22, 2022 and start watching critically acclaimed Apple Original series like Ted Lasso, See and Foundation, as well as hit films like Finch.
New Apple Original series and films premiere every month. Watch exclusively on the Apple TV app.”
How to redeem the offer:
- First, you need two things: an Apple ID and an account for PlayStation Network
- Find the Apple TV app from your PS4 console’s TV and Video section
- Download and open the Apple TV app, and follow the on-screen instructions
- Sign in with your Apple ID or create an Apple ID if you don’t have one yet
- Enjoy your extended trial of Apple TV+
Owners of the last-gen PlayStation 4 console who are not yet Apple TV+ subscribers can redeem three months’ worth of the service free of charge. When that’s over, it will be back to the usual $4.99 per month.
This promotion is quite similar to the one announced last summer, where PlayStation 5 users are awarded six months of free Apple TV+ streaming.
These two promotions are redeemable up until July 22, 2022.