PR2, it ain’t much, but it sure is better than what I had before: PR0. TechPatio is almost 4 months old so I kinda expected at least PR2 for the next PageRank update, which apparently happened within the last few days.
Now I probably have another 2-4 months until the next PageRank update, to build even more incoming relevant links and hopefully increase PageRank to PR4 🙂
We’ve been telling people for a long time that they shouldn’t focus on PageRank so much; many site owners seem to think it’s the most important metric for them to track, which is simply not true. We removed it because we felt it was silly to tell people not to think about it, but then to show them the data, implying that they should look at it. 🙂
Actually, I don’t care that much about PageRank either. I’ve seen plenty of evidence that it doesn’t require a high PageRank in order to rank up high in the search engines (SERPs). I’d just like to have a decent PageRank just to show that my blog at least has some kind of “value”.
What’s your take on PageRank and did you receive a PR update recently? Comment below!
Related articles you might find interesting:
- Matt Cutts: “Google Crawls According To PageRank”. A Must See Video For Bloggers
- Google, does PageRank flow through image links?
- October 2009: Blog Summary & Income Report
- FeedBurner Changes Redirect Method to ‘301’ – Better SEO For Your Blog
- Matt Cutts On How PageRank Flows From Twitter & Facebook