Darwinism at its finest – that’s how the businesses and the world triumphs in 2020.
How to choose the best cross-platform app frameworks?
Relying on the trends, here are the platforms, on which we can rely.
Cross-platform mobile frameworks used by software developers worldwide in 2019 and 2020
But the question is, “Will cross-platform app frameworks stand robust in 2020, and ahead?”
Let’s find out:
Businesses are not likely to affect their online presence.
But when looking for building a good online presence, the major factor of concern becomes the ‘Budget.’
Is that the reason why everyone appreciates the use of cross-platform app development?
Well, that can be a strong point/reason why people opt for this development type.
In 1995, WORA happened – WORA means Write Once, Run Anywhere. It started off as a joke, though, but today with the advanced development tools and technology, cross-platform success has crossed all the limits to become a highly chosen framework for app development.
What do we mean by the CROSS-PLATFORM Framework?
‘Multi-platform software’ aka ‘Platform-independent software’ or popularly known as ‘Cross-platform’ – it is computer software that runs seamlessly on multiple platforms.
For the user, ‘cross-platform’ means ‘the app runs seamlessly on all platforms.’
For the developers, it means, ‘frameworks and languages.’
Generally divided into two main categories:
- one that needs individual building for every platform that it supports.
- Second, that can be run on any platform directly, without any hindrance.
Cross-platform programs run on multiple and as many platforms.
Some examples of platforms that support cross-development are:
- React Native
All of these are cross-platform development, which assists in building apps that can seamlessly be run on all platforms.
Why is Cross-platform app development frameworks the priority of most of the developers in 2020?
Well, it allows them to create apps that are compatible with more than one OS.
So, be it iOS or Android, a cross-platform app will run seamlessly on each platform.
Developers even adore it for the reason that they just have to write down a single code to make the app run smoothly on all platforms.
So, when developers deliver quick, safe, secure, and high-quality apps that run on all platforms, it is understood that they are relying on a cross-platform development framework to build a highly scalable and robust app.
Advantages of Relying on ‘Cross-Platform Development Framework’
There are quite a few about which we all need to know about. Here are a few major ones:
a) All Device Compatibility
When the same app runs seamlessly on all devices and platforms, it is the best experience to enjoy. The end-user might have different products, including tablets, phones, computers, and desktop. So to satisfy the needs of the consumers to enjoy the app on all these devices, without any hindrance, it is important for the developers to rely on a cross-platform app development framework.
b) Diminishes Upfront Expenditure
The fact – one can’t earn a single penny from the app before it is released in the market. So, the primary motive when developing an app is to reduce the cost incurred. Reducing the upfront cost minimizes the risks while developing the app. Cross-platform app development lets developers quickly create the initial version to check how that is noticed in the market.
c) Maintenance Simplified
The major advantage of cross-platform app development is that it simplifies the maintenance and deployment process. Since there is one app that will run on all platforms, it is easy and simple to maintain and deploy the changes and maintain it. It is super easy to update the app and sync it over all platforms and devices. Thus, one saves money and time while following a cross-platform development platform to build an app.
d) Accelerated Development Procedure
Single source code for multiple platforms – how does that sound? That sounds something like it can save a lot of time and money. Since one doesn’t need to write different code for different platforms, it is easier for the developers to speed up the development process. Not only does it reduce the development cost, but also the efforts by 80%, which is an amazing factor for any development process. it is even simpler to meet the deadlines with the cross-platform development process.
e) Reusable Code
It delivers a major benefit to the users – the reusability of the code leads to faster productivity and efficient results. The development phase includes continuous and frequent monotonous tasks, hectic coding, and repeated chores, which might reduce the efficiency and productivity of the development process. it is best to rely on a reusable code, which needs to be built once and can be used again and again to build highly scalable and effective apps in no time.
Well, that’s evident that the cross-platform development process is quick, easy, and efficient. Why would anyone not rely on a cross-platform development process to build feature-rich high performing apps?
Back to the Question: Will ‘Cross-Platform App Development Framework’ Stand Robust in 2020?
To answer that, we need to confront certain challenges faced while developing cross-platform apps.
- Changeable communication (between native and non-native components).
- Limited tools
- Hiccups in-app performance
But these challenges are easily met with by the proficient developers, leading to an efficient cross-platform app development process.
What Top Cross-Platform Development Framework Stands Still in 2020?
There are a few platforms that stand robust this year, and possibly in the coming years too.
1. React Native
- An open-free source for mobile app development that is supported by Facebook.
- Developers can create mobile apps for different platforms and devices, including iOS, Android, Windows, and Web.
- Uses a single code case.
- A perfect amalgamation of Native and React development.
- No compromise on the quality.
- Utilized in the existing technology besides creating new apps.
- Backed up by the community and amongst the most popular app framework.
Apps Built with React Native:
- SoundCloud Pulse
- React Native offers easy-to-apply elements, thereby limiting the time needed to develop highly scalable and robust apps.
- A single codebase is shared seamlessly on all platforms, resulting in little development time.
- Changes updated can be easily checked via the ‘Hot Reloading button.’
- Highly responsive interface allowing better user experience and client satisfaction.
- Easy access to numerous functionalities, including camera and accelerometer for rich UI experience.
- React Native famines uniformity, when the updates are to be released.
- Enhanced development speed also amplifies debugging procedures time.
- The implementation of some advanced features needs assistance from Android and iOS developers.
- Open-source cross-platform app framework that develops PWAs and mobile apps super quick and with the utmost ease.
- The framework is licensed under MIT.
- A single codebase for developing cross-platform apps.
- Easy to build Ionic apps with any other technology, including React.JS, Vue.JS, or HTML5, and Angular.JS.
- Offers Native features, including HealthKit, FingerPint, Auth, and Bluetooth.
- Quicker application launch backed up by the incredible documentation and community.
Apps Built with Ionic:
- McLaren Automotive
- Ionic offers numerous UI components that help in developing robust apps for better businesses.
- The framework is easy to adopt.
- Themes and components are highly customized.
- Cordova Plugins allows developers to access different features, including Flashlight, GPS, Camera, and other features.
- Uses CSS transitions to leverage the GPU, maximizing the processor time.
- Easy to build apps, as if the developers are familiar with HTML, CSS, JS, it would be easy for them to easily develop apps.
- Proficiency is required in AngularJS to create ‘not just those basic’ apps, but something innovative and extraordinary that satisfies the customer’s expectations.
- UI router is not easy to handle, hence, making it a complicated process for creating apps.
- A credible platform for cross-platform app development, as it is backed up by Microsoft.
- Open-source framework an easy and cost-effective solution for developers.
- Solves dilemmas of developers, who used separate coding languages.
- Allows writing apps in C#, allowing code written to easily port to Android and iOS.
- Develops apps using MVC that results in splitting the app into two components, including User-Interface and Core.
- Helps in building native UIs.
Apps Built with Xamarin:
- The World Bank
- Just Giving
- SuperGiant Games
- Xamarin allows native User-Interface.
- Offers extraordinary native user interface and controls for building native apps.
- Allows cross-platform development, including iOS, Android, Windows besides sharing codes for multiple platforms.
- Fewer bugs to manage.
- No requirement of creating different API for various platforms.
- Generates high-performing codes for accessing every native API, resulting in developing apps that run seamlessly on different platforms.
- Allows easy integration with various SDKs of a particular mobile operating system. It supports devices like Fire phone, Android Wear, and Google Glass.
- Utilizes C# for coding, which means it will run smoothly on platforms, including iOS and Android.
- A single tech stack for the quick and speedy app development process.
- An expensive process for those who wish to acquire a license for Microsoft’s Visual Studio. Otherwise, it is an open-source free platform for delivering high quality apps.
- Mobile app development requires access to important libraries available in the framework. However, Xamarin limits access to such important libraries in some cases, when you need to build heavy graphics.
- It involves code linkage and referencing between the environment of multiple devices. More time is required to initiate and download the app.
- It is an open-source framework that is backed up by Google.
- Allows single codebase usage to develop apps for different platforms and devices.
- Quick, simple, and easy app development.
- The language used in the Flutter framework is Dart, which is developed by Google.
- Allows easy usage of platform-specific widgets that helps in adding a native-developed feel to the apps built.
- Flutter allows user-friendly UX to end-users.
- The ‘Hot Reload’ allows developers to see changes instantly in the app, as soon as it is done.
- The native code, platform API, and third-party integration eases the tasks of developers.
- Minimal code is required.
Apps Built with Flutter:
- Birch Finance
- Coach Yourself
- SpaceX Go
- The ‘Hot Reload’ feature allows easy code change and modifications. Developers can easily see the changes in the app, once the changes are done.
- Apps developed using Flutter are smooth and seamless. There is a little chance that Flutter apps will hang.
- Developers need to do less testing, as the app is built utilizing one code for different platforms.
- Quality assurance takes little time because of the automatic test done.
- Allows easy access of old widgets to design the UI that works seamlessly in the older versions of iOS and Android.
- Easy access to native features and third-party integration that saves developer’s time for development.
- Languages like Swift and Kotlin are reused to build multiple apps for cross-platforms.
- Flutter utilizes Dart language for accelerating the app performance, with minimal input of code.
- Flutter library is rich but also limits access to some features in the library.
- Apps made with the Flutter framework are not supported by web browsers.
- The size of flutter apps is above average size.
- Flutter apps are large and heavy, to begin with, occupy too much space.
The Takeaway Message
Of course, there are some concerns with this cross-platform development framework, but the benefits outcasts all of it. In 2020, developers are relying on these frameworks and will continue to use this platform for developing apps.
We can conclude that, of course, the cross-platform app development framework stands robust in 2020, and even after that.
Developers have been relying on these cross-platform development frameworks for building apps, and it is evident that with these benefits, they will continue to rely on these frameworks in the future too.
4 thoughts on “Will Cross-Platform App Frameworks Stand Robust in 2020 and ahead? ”
Hey, that’s is a great. This blog helped me a lot with the information that I needed.
I Ike this blog..It’s good for tech and here you will good news on tech.i hope you are good bLogger and great
Hey I like your blog.it good blog who are search for tech news and start for new blogs.hey you are good.
A great piece that sheds much needed light on Mobile App Development Company and its impact on business as there are many new details you posted here. Sometimes it is not so easy to build a “Mobile App” without custom knowledge; here you need proper development skills and experience. However, the details you mention here would be very much helpful for the beginner. Here is yet another top-notch solution provider “X-Byte Enterprise Solutions” who render feasible and credible solutions to global clients.
Know more here: https://www.xbytesolutions.com/mobile-application-development-company.php