Extract calendar from outlook ost file
Today we are going to discuss the methods to extract the calendar from outlook OST file. We all are aware of the Outlook OST file format as this is the offline mode for your Outlook mails like email, calendar, notes, tasks, to-do, etc that present on the local drive. Outlook provides a wizard from itself named Import/Export wizard in order to import and export the data or the files from the Outlook. But to extract Calendar or any other files your outlook you have to connect to the Exchange servers.
In order to know the complete steps about the calendar extraction process, read this complete article carefully.
Before we talk about methods to extract calendar let’s talk about what is OST and ICS file format in brief:
What is OST File Format?
OST file format is used to save Outlook files in offline mode and stands for Outlook Standard Table. This file system is developed by Microsoft Inc. It is for the automatic creation of tables when the user is working offline.
What is the ICS File Format?
ICS is the Internet Calendaring and Scheduling of the calendar files and also called as iCalendar. This enables the one to schedule their important information like their task, journal entries, birthday details, events, and any other information. Many different apps use ICS formats like Google, Apple, Yahoo Calendar and also the eM Client, SeaMonkey, and Evolution Mail.
In the next section, you’ll know the method to extract the calendar.
Method to Extract Calendar From Outlook OST Files
In order to extract the calendar and makes this method works you have to connect and access your Outlook account. Follow these steps for your Outlook 2007 OST files :
1. Select and open that file which you want to extract.
2. Press the File and then the Import and Export option.
3. On the Import and Export Wizard hit on the Export to a file option.
4. After clicking on the Next, select the Personal Folder File(.pst).
5. Then checkmark the Include Subfolder checkbox.
6. Click on the next and browse the destination folder.
7. Enter the name according to you and press the OK and then Finish button.
1. Open the required file.
2. Move to File tab available on the upper left corner.
3. Click on Options from the scroll down menu and then on the Advanced option.
4. Click on the Export button present on the Export section.
5. Then choose the Outlook Data Files (.pst) and then on the Next.
6. Select the Calendar and the other email options that you want to export.
7. Hit on the Next button.
8. Browse the destination folder for your PST files.
9. Finally, press the Finish button and extract the Calendar files.
Follow these steps for your Outlook 2013, 2016 and 2019 OST files:
1. Open Outlook App.
2. Move to File >> Open >> Import/Export section.
3. In Import/Export wizard click on the Export to a file option.
4. Select the Outlook Data Files (.pst) and on Next Button.
5. Here, choose the calendar option and don’t forget to tick on the Include Subfolder option and finally on the Next button.
Alternate method to Extract Calendar from Outlook
As you see, the above method is too time-taking and lengthy. So, if you don’t want to put your time in this time-consuming process then try third party OST Converter Tool. The benefit of using the OST converter is that they convert the OST file into the PST files safely and speedily. Also, it allows exporting your mailbox item into the Windows Live Mail with ease. This utility is compatible with all your devices and users can use these free of cost with their demo version.
In this technical guide, you’ll get to know about what is OST and ICS file format. Then in the next section, we have discussed on Methods to extract calendar from outlook OST file on your Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, and 2019 version. If we talk about which methods is best for the user then professional methods are the first choice as they are more fast and secured method.