Music is loved worldwide and comes with a vibrant taste of languages, tone, beat, and mood. You just can’t name a person on this planet who has never listened to any kind of music yet. In the early years, the music was produced through the traditional method, that is by the vocal cords. But now with the advent of technology, this sector is also renovating. A continuous exploration goes around to produce some unique beats, give users a different taste or with a new means.
There is much software present in the IT market which is purely used in music generation. Here I will be listing a few of the widely loved and renowned music producing software, which can be accessed from the whole Internet.
This is the most loved software which is extremely easy to use. It has gained a lot of fame over time. It comes which some highlights of :
- High user-interactive interface.
- One can do sound correction, cut-paste, stretching to pitch, shifting pitch, etc.
- The facility of getting 30 synth software for the additional features.
- It is only compatible with Windows OS.
Whether the music is recorded using a microphone, we can apply general editing and mixing, or use the MIDI keyboards. You also need best laptop for FL studio for editing the music. Overall it satisfies all the essential requirements of music software. For a trial use, it costs $0, but for a full version, it starts at $99.
Download: FL Studio
It was developed in the year 2016, which comes with various features. It has a very basic, easy, and understandable design and is effective since its entire workspace is located on a single screen. Software with a simple design making it easy to understand and use. It has a lot of attractive features like:
- It is customizable according to the workflow.
- A long-range of audio and MIDI tracks, however, it is entirely dependent on hardware potential.
- It also supports several plugin formats such as VST, Audio Units, etc.
- It runs on macOS, Windows, Linux (VST, AU, and Linux VST).
It won’t cost you a single penny, for any level of use.
Download: Traction T6
It has a brilliant feature of simple cut, copies, and paste commands, which facilitates unlimited undoes and redos hence restore the audio file to the desired version. Some of its worth mentioning advantages are:
- Outstanding bare-bones audio editing and recording software.
- One may record live audio, audio from other recorded media, and streaming audio. Moreover can make multitrack recordings or record multiple channels simultaneously.
- Editing audio is possible in it, which can be beautified with effects as Auto Duck, Echo, Reverb, Vocal Isolation, Noise Reduction, Crossfade, etc.
- It comes with in-built support for plug-ins like LV2, LADSPA, and Nyquist.
- It is compatible with Windows, Linux, and Mac OS.
- It is free of cost.
Ableton Live Lite 9
It is believed to be an old one and came in the year 1999. It is steadily growing as a very popular DAW. Some of its main features are:
- The standard multi-track recording, with an unlimited number of audio, MIDI, tracks for songs and cut, copy, paste features.
- Ableton has a hassle-free interface.
- Includes various sound packages, and 23 sound libraries, hence you can customize your music.
- The best music software for performing live with, minuscule glitches.
- It runs on Windows and Mac
- For a trial use, it costs $0, but for a full version, it starts at $99.
It is considered to be the strongest among the other software. It’s been recently owned by Magix and version 8 is about to be launched an all-new user-interface. It is quite tricky to understand and use, and comprises of various other features like:
- An amazing feature of automatic audio time-stretching, pitch-shifting, and MIDI.
- It is fast, competent, and user-friendly.
- Come up with 64-bit and VST3 support.
- It runs on Windows.
- For a trial version, a free of cost setup comes, but for further upgradations, costing starts at $90.
Download: Magix Acid
If someone is looking for an exclusive chargeless DAW software that can run on Windows( from XP to 10), then this is worth trying for the very first place. Some of the interesting facts about it:
- It has a combination of features like Sequence Editor, Virtual Studio, Multitrack Hard Disk Recorder, and Pattern Editor. While the Pattern Editor helps you select digital music patterns.
- Enables music editing.
- One may explore the recording options under its HD recorder tab.
- It gives a choice among 19 plug-ins, to add virtual effects.
- It is supported by Windows only.
- As stated earlier, it is free of cost.
Download: Darkwave Studio
PreSonus Studio One Prime
Studio One is one of the basic versions out of all which you can add to your software collection using any ‘’my.presonus.com’ account. It’s having major features like:
- A minimum requirement of 4GB RAM and 30GB is required.
- Its USP of Studio One Prime is that it comes equipped with endless audio files, FX, and virtual tools, moreover allows you to add 9 local audio effects to your music pieces.
- Even being the curtailed version, the freeware still retains most of its essential tools like easy to chain side routing, control link MIDI mapping, latency compensation, and multitrack MIDI.
- It is supported by Windows only.
- It is available in a free trial version and paid $450 setup both
Download: Pre Sonus Studio
Avid Pro Tools
If someone is from a music creation industry, then they know it very well that it is the most insane leading industrial software. Its features are:
- Four maximum inputs of 16 MIDI tracks, 16 instrument tracks, and a maximum supported sample rate of 32-bit, 96 kHz.
- The free version of Pro Tools also includes nondestructive editing, elastic audio, retrospective MIDI recording, and a MIDI editor
- ProTools First is available for Windows 10 and macOS devices, macOS Catalina.
- There is a free version with limited features in it, and further upgrades take $25.
Download: Avid Pro Tools
It is also known as Cakewalk SONAR and was one of the first-ever digital audio workstations. Unfortunately, its owner Gibson stopped the development in the year 2017. Luckily it comes with many features like:
- The music makers, cloud music creation platform BandLab snapped the software and has made it available to download free.
- It comes with creative songwriting tools and instruments, advanced mixing and mastering tools, unlimited MIDI and audio tracks for recordings, and a full suite of editing tools.
- Once someone has finished working, it can be published to SoundCloud, Youtube, Facebook, etc.
- At present, it can be only run on Windows OS.
- It is free software.
Download: Bandlab Cakewalk
It is very complex to use. It has a great strategy for both the brand and user since it allows both to try it out for an adequate amount of time without having to drop some. Its important features are:
- One can drag and drop your VST’s and FX, map the MIDI controllers seamlessly, cut, paste, split and edit individual tracks, plug-in support for a majority of creators.
- This is a fundamental open-source software.
- It supports most audio interfaces, plug-ins, and effects.
- It runs on Windows only.
- It uses a clever business policy for use. For the 60 days, it is free to use, and then have to pay to download a license to keep working.
Download: Cockos Reaper
To sum up I would like to say that, there is plenty of available software available in the market, you just need to know your requirements and then match the available options on the Internet, and hoped this above piece of information was helpful to you.
Guest article written by: Amy Bros is a young technology enthusiast and technical content writer at sysprobs.com. With 5+ years of experience, she holds several leading IT certificates.