Advanced technologies are constantly changing in matters of time and it has constant growth than any other thing on this planet earth.
From designing the home’s lives easier by changing how we run the entire country. Construction technology is the fastest growing technology and it is quickly conquering several industries for the innovations and implementations.
As moving forward to the development era, builders and constructors wish to keep up with the latest and trending construction technology so the companies can stay one step ahead from the outer world.
How Technology trends would be helpful for the Construction Industry?
It is a bitter fact that fatal accidents occur in the case of the Construction industry is indescribable. Every year so many people become easy prey for non-fatal accidents because of the perilous tasks in the Construction industry. Just look at the graphical data of Non-fatal accidents that occurred in the years of 2016-17.
In such circumstances, these technology trends would be a boon as so much of high-risking operational tasks would get automated in the Construction Industry due to their collaboration. It ultimately increases productivity as well as accuracy.
Construction Technology trends in the market.
Considering Construction technology innovation, here is the list of the most exciting ever-growing trends coming this 2020 to embrace technology to modify the safety, quality, efficiency, etc.
1. Construction project management software
- As it is known that the construction domain is the least digitalized sector in the world for the past few years. However, it is gradually adopting project management solutions as this domain has already faced failures to meet the industry’s needs. The software development companies never tried to understand the common problems that usually get faced and design a proper solution to support the workflow better.
- But now it is constantly growing as companies are coping up with the construction industry by producing construction project software solutions.
- Integrating cloud-connectivity and providing several tools like time-tracking, real-time collaboration, project management tools, and on-site support functionality. This software will be working as the backbone of the industry.
- Allowing the critical data to be shared over a secure channel through a cloud system and mobile apps is now possible. Projects are defined and tracked in real-time and assist in effortless project management.
- Establishing a secure connection between the office and building sites, that means everyone can view and access the information. This results in having a good decision-making skill with lesser risk and high-level transparency ultimately growing the business.
3. Robotics and automation
- Robots are coming to push the disrupted industry in a big way. These automated machines are in trends in such a way that it is increasing productivity but reducing the overhead costs and waste.
- With the wide use of Drones for monitoring the sites, to autonomous bricklayers, and earthmovers, robotics is the best tool for speeding the construction process.
- Advancement of technology and robots are coming forward to manage all the automated complex tasks, their prevalence at job sites will increase.
- Reports say that about 63% of Construction contractors make use of the drones on their on-going projects.
4. Augmented and Virtual Reality
- Augmented reality in the construction domain has been so popular these days. Creating a virtual image of the real site with the user’s view of the real world. It is used by the designers to develop its blue-print; this will make people to visualize the actual end product that would be after development. AR helps to fix any problem before the start of the building.
- AR and VR technology are also useful to replace the blueprint paperwork and CAD designs as well by training the team on how to use specialist technology for the construction of the building.
5. 3D Scanning and Printing
- The most widely used technology across any other industry is 3D Printing. The potentials of this technology have been used by the construction industries. One of the biggest advantages of 3D Printing is to create an accurate and complex building in a lesser amount of time with fewer manual labour.
- On the other hand, 3D Laser Scanners are capturing high-quality 3D site dimensions which allows the builders and designers to work under great accuracy. With cost-effectiveness and good sustainability, this technology is going to be the game-changer.
This new decade is going to be a new direction for the construction industry. With data accessibility, and real-time connectivity one can surely afford reality, it’s time for construction leaders to start future-proofing their business. With advanced technologies easily available, knowing what to invest in and how to make the change can be daunting. Prioritizing technology that is proven to result in higher productivity rates and efficiencies across all areas of your business, such as cloud-based construction project management software, is a good way to start.
Guest article written by: Nidhi Joshi – Business Development Manager. Enthusiastic Business Development Professional and Technical Content Writer with a demonstrated history of working with software development companies and product industry. Have contributed in business, techrepublic, databox, techopedia and other reputed online journals.