Bing had 1.1 billion searches in August, an increase of 22.1% compared to July. This gives Microsoft a market share of 10.7% of all searches.
There is still a long way till they catch up to Google’s market share of 64,6% though, which also saw an increase from July to August at 2.6%.
Good old Yahoo! rings in at second place with a share of 16% after a decline of 4.2%.
It will be interesting to see what the Bing market share will look like next month, if they can keep up their nice monthly increase. Besides, Microsoft Bing 2.0 could be released in a matter of just a few weeks.
Related articles you might find interesting:
- 66% Of Google Users Would Use Bing – Survey Paid For By Microsoft
- The Bing- Yahoo Partnership: Good News or Bad?
- Internet Explorer Gains Market Share – Firefox Lose
- Windows 7 Resulted In More Satisfied Users Than Snow Leopard
- August 2010: Blog Summary & Income Report