Firefox 3.6 beta was supposed to be made available for download today or yesterday, but so far I haven’t been able to find a download link for it – I can only assume that it might come out tomorrow instead?
The increased speed is not enough to get up alongside with Apple’s Safari or Google’s Chrome browser, though. Compared with Internet Explorer 7 on a Windows Vista system, Firefox 3.6 is around 9 times faster while Chrome is almost 16 times faster.
Here’s a video to demonstrate it – looks really cool and I’m sure it will be a useful feature for those usually working with their laptop while tilting it…
Related articles you might find interesting:
- France Joins Germany In I.E. Warning – Opera Downloads Increases
- Firefox takes the browser lead in Europe
- Internet Explorer 8 Extends Laptop Battery Life
- Firefox 3.6 Beta 1 Available After Two Week Delay
- Internet Explorer 8 Now The Most Used Browser