Here are some fun facts about Facebook from Visual Economics on how the Facebook economy looks…
– Facebook is estimated to be worth $7.9-11 billion.
– Over 500 million users.
– 200 million users use Facebook 55 minutes each day (average).
– Over 550,000 applications.
– 70% of users use an application each month.
– There are more than one million application developers.
– The top application developer, Zynga, made $250 million in 2009 (of which $80-150 million is estimated to be profit – more than Facebook itself made!)
– 176 billion ads were shown on Facebook first quarter of 2010 – that’s around 16% of the display ad market.
– Over 1.5 million active Pages within Facebook (including TechPatio’s 😉 ).
For more information and some cool graphics, check out the link at the top of this post.