Here are some fun facts about Facebook from Visual Economics on how the Facebook economy looks…
– Facebook is estimated to be worth $7.9-11 billion.
– Over 500 million users.
– 200 million users use Facebook 55 minutes each day (average).
– Over 550,000 applications.
– 70% of users use an application each month.
– There are more than one million application developers.
– The top application developer, Zynga, made $250 million in 2009 (of which $80-150 million is estimated to be profit – more than Facebook itself made!)
– 176 billion ads were shown on Facebook first quarter of 2010 – that’s around 16% of the display ad market.
– Over 1.5 million active Pages within Facebook (including TechPatio’s 😉 ).
For more information and some cool graphics, check out the link at the top of this post.
5 thoughts on “Facebook Economy”
It is not amazing because Facebook has been the most popular SNS site and still has endless potential to attract as many as users all over the world.
I dare say no matter how you spin it, that amount of persistent users is quite amazing
The information are amazing! I’m an avid user of facebook and it’s my first time to read this. At least I’m aware now…Good job guys! Keep it up!
This data isn’t surprising at all, given the huge popularity Facebook has. Yet it remains to be seen what will happen now that Google+ entered the scene.