Microsoft Azure is a cloud platform with more than 200 products or services that are specially designed to help you bring new solutions to life. It is an online portal that allows you to access and manage resources and cloud services provided by Microsoft. It also helps to solve today’s challenges and create the future. Azure is designed to create, manage, and run applications across multiple clouds with your choice frameworks and tools (on-premises and at the edge).
You can trust on cloud and get security from the ground up, backed by a team of experts and proactive compliance trusted by governments, startups, and enterprises. It helps manage and integrate the environments with services designed for hybrid cloud. Cloud is built on your terms with a commitment to open source and support for all frameworks and languages. So you can build and deploy applications as you want.
Microsoft Azure provides SaaS (Software as a Service), PaaS (Platform as a Service), and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service). It supports several programming languages, frameworks, and tools that include Microsoft-specific and third-party systems and software. It is one of the largest commercial cloud vendors by revenue, which may artificially inflate the company’s “pure cloud” revenue total. It offers tools that support all industries such as finance, e-commerce, and a variety of Fortune 500 companies that are compatible with open source technologies.
So this article is about career aspects in Microsoft Azure and how beneficial it is to take an Azure certification.
A Career in Microsoft Azure
We know that one of the best cloud computing platforms is Microsoft Azure, and you can definitely plan your career in this domain. It is an evolving set of cloud services to help your organization meet business goals and challenges.
Top Job Roles In Microsoft Azure- Below mentioned are a few top job roles for Microsoft Azure Certified Professionals to start a cloud computing career.
- Azure Cloud Architect- This job role involves a connection with clients and engineers while offering an interface with stakeholders and technical leaders. They can earn $130,000 to $190,000 per year.
- Cloud Administrator- This job fulfills the task of installing, managing, functioning, and looking after systems on the Microsoft Azure platform. They can earn $80,000 to $125,000 per year.
- Cloud developers- They develop software for business, as the name indicates. Candidates who have experience in the development of software and some information about Azure are eligible for this job title. They can earn $115,000 to $ 175,000 per year.
- Cloud Sales and Purchase Manager- As being a cloud sales and purchase manager, you become a part of an organization and become a massive contributing factor in shaping the advancement of creative technology in an organization.
- Cloud DevOps Engineer- These engineers’ skills go beyond development, and their range of expertise lies in system deployment and operations. They work with system operators, developers, and technical teams. They can earn $125,000 to $185,000 per year.
Besides those roles, Azure Big Data Specialist, Azure Networking Specialist, Key Account Manager – Cloud are some more crucial roles in Microsoft Azure.
Certifications in Microsoft Azure
Microsoft Azure certification program has helped IT professionals enhance their careers in technology for over 20 years. It can be difficult to navigate between the options as it offers a variety of certification types and levels that involve new role-based paths related to Azure and Microsoft 365. It has a certification path for many technical job roles such as:
Fundamental Certifications- fundamental certifications are ideal for candidates just starting in technology. Certifications in this category are:
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Fundamentals
- Microsoft Certified: Power Platform Fundamentals
Role-based Certifications- To begin learning valuable job role skills, choose a role-based associate certification like:
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Developers Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Power Apps + Dynamics 365 Developer Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Dynamics 365 Sales Functional Consultant Associate
Additional Certifications- Some other expert-level certifications to explore specialty, Microsoft Certified Educator, and Microsoft Office technical certifications are:
- Microsoft Certified: Azure for SAP Workloads Specialty
- Microsoft Certified Educator
- Microsoft Office Specialist: Microsoft Word Expert (Word and Word 2019)
These certifications can help you polish your career graph as an Azure expert.
Skills Required to Become an Azure Expert
There are some skills needed to become an Azure expert. Some key skill sets are:
- Public/Private Cloud Balance- Nowadays companies are using both private and public clouds in deployments to meet their advanced technology needs, so azure experts must master the skill to make a balance in the public and private cloud sector to manage workloads and process data.
- Azure Operations and Administration- Microsoft Azure offers ease of use from an administrative standpoint. The use of tools such as SQL database and Active Directory work well with Azure. So Operational and Administrative skills are a must to have to become a successful Azure expert as IT experts who are familiar with Windows environments will find Azure easy to work with and deploy.
- Cloud Development with Azure- One of the most required skills for cloud developers is developing app services in Azure Cloud. It is a vital skill to develop an approach that leverages vast computing power to create services and valuable operations that keeps cost low and productivity high using Web App and functions.
Try to master those skills with Microsoft Azure Architecture and learn how to design, scale, and plan cloud implementation and excel in the field of cloud computing.
Why Earn Certification in Microsoft Azure?
Mentioned below are a few reasons to get a certification for a successful career in cloud computing.
- Focus On Public Cloud- The rate of cloud adoption is increasing rapidly in businesses and is expected to become $300 billion by 2021 worldwide. So many career opportunities are emerging to suit the needs of the evolving computing landscape.
- The Technology Of The Future- Azure is evolving cloud technology and outpacing the average rate of growth in the IT sector as a whole. So it is a technology of the future and worth learning and investing.
- Easy To Adapt and Learn- Microsoft Azure is easier to learn and adapt than any other platform. Azure Automation and Operational Insights are easy to learn with the awareness of the working principles of Azure.
- Highly Efficient Tool- Microsoft Azure can handle most of the tasks of design, deployment, and management of platforms. It is a highly efficient tool that is worth learning for individuals who want to kick start their career with the cloud.
So if someone has dreamt of designing and deploying dynamically reliable and scalable applications in the cloud world, then they must learn and achieve Azure certification to master their skills with Microsoft Azure.