Apple is now doing the same as Microsoft by not including Flash with their operating system per default. Basically this means you’ll have to download and install it yourself, if you want to use it.
The reason, according to Apple, is said to be “We’re happy to continue to support Flash on the Mac, and the best way for users to always the most up to date and secure version is to download it directly from Adobe”.
With YouTube already offering a HTML5 alternative for Flash video playback, and many more major sites also switching to HTML5 instead of Flash, HTML5 is slowly catching up to Flash, so the question is, how does the future look for Adobe and their Flash technology?
Related articles you might find interesting:
- Is Flash A Goner In The Future? What Will Happen?
- Adobe Shows How Unhappy They Are With iPhone Missing Flash
- Flash coming to iPhone & iPad … ish!
- Steve Jobs: Apple Could Reconsider Flash, But…
- Adobe Preparing a Lawsuit Against Apple? Screw You, Adobe!